We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Verrerie de Biot and Sales Tax Refund in Biot France

Which Biot hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Noosaville...
reviews: 8
La Verrerie de Biot and Sales Tax Refund in Biot France

When shopping at Verrerie de Biot factory store in France I was advised that if I spent more than 175 Euros in the store, I would be entitled to receive a refund of sales tax (credited to my card) if I had the form they filled in, stamped by French Customs on leaving France and mailed back to them in the supplied envelope.

I subsequently did have the French Customs form stamped by Customs at Charles de Gaulle Airport and I then mailed it back to the La Verrerie de Biot shop in mid June.

After numerous emails to La Verrerie (including scanned copies of the completed French Customs form) I am yet to receive a reply to my emails (which were in both English and French) or receive a refund of the taxes paid.

This has turned what was a planned visit and an enjoyable one at the time, into a major disappointment in what is meant to be a Co-operative venture of local glass manufacturers. They offered the sales tax refund process to me when I was in the store so that I would buy more products. Which I did.

I recommend that travellers to France do not shop at this store for the above reasons, as the refund has still not been received 5 months later.

Vivianne (Australia)

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 28
1. Re: La Verrerie de Biot and Sales Tax Refund in Biot France

What a shame! I'll ask about the refund process when we visit the Verrerie next month and post any information I get.

When did you make your purchases? We've sometimes waited 3 to 4 months for credits to be posted to our card accounts.

Noosaville...
reviews: 8
2. Re: La Verrerie de Biot and Sales Tax Refund in Biot France

Thank you for your reply, my purchase was in early June of this year - I will be interested to hear how you go with this matter. Kind regards.

3. Re: La Verrerie de Biot and Sales Tax Refund in Biot France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 17, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Biot