We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

Which Antibes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 3
Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

Hi,

I have not been to Antibes in years. I will be staying in the Cap d'Antibes and want to know if I can easily walk to Viel Antibes and/or the Fort Carre area. If it's not walkable, is traveling by bus fairly easy?

Many thanks!

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
1. Re: Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

where exactly on cap d'antibes?

How far can you walk?

USA
2. Re: Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

Hi, thanks so much for responding. We are planning to stay at the Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel (we want some peace and quiet, so I'm not worried about being farther away from things) - but I would like to explore Viel Antibes for a day. A 20-30 minute walk wouldn't be an issue for us, but if it's longer or not a pedestrian-friendly walk, I'd rather take a bus. I'm more concerned its not going to be pedestrian-friendly. Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
3. Re: Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

It's a pretty good walk....probably 45 minutes at least. I believe it is the #2 bus that does the route.

USA
4. Re: Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

Ok, thank you so much for the information!

Nice
Destination Expert
for Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Antibes
reviews: 52
5. Re: Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

I agree that it would be about 45 mins walk to the old town

It will be 10-15 mins walk to bus stop Empel on the number 2 route

timetable here

www.envibus.fr/telechargement.asp…

If traveling by train for day trips etc you would be best using juan les pins station - approx 20 mins walk

Edited: 6:50 pm, February 21, 2013
Antibes, France
6. Re: Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

And the 13 bus goes from the Porte Marine ( Marine gate of the Old town beside the port ) to Fort Carre. The No.2 goes from the Bus station to Eden Roc but note there is no correspondence between the two bus routes- it is about 20 minutes walk from the bus station to the Porte Marine.

Ed

7. Re: Walking from Cap D'Antibes to Viel Antibes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Antibes