We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice in Winter

Which Antibes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London England
reviews: 78
Nice in Winter

Am thinking of bringing my family, teenage son and daughter to Nice for boxing day from London and up until 30th Dec. We will hire a car and love to drive about. Would like to visit Monte Carlo, Grasse, Cannes etc. Any thoughts on a good central location to stay (4* hotel) and nice places to visit in the winter.

Provence Alpes Cote...
Destination Expert
for Saint-Tropez, Frejus, Saint-Raphael
reviews: 5
1. Re: Nice in Winter

Hi

I recommend Nice for a central location in winter. You'll find a large number of hotels. See the very helpful Nice hotel ratings by customers on TA to help pick the right one for you.

Some of the tried and loved "classics" for your stay:

- Walk (or elevator) up to Castle Hill on a clear day, for sweeping views of the town, bay, sea.

- Soak in the decorations and atmosphere around Place Masséna. Your daughter & son might enjoy ice-skating on the open rink at the edge of Place Masséna.

- Stroll through the old town and perhaps try a socca chick-pea crêpe.

- Visit the Musée Océanographique museéum in Monaco, for its nice aquarium.

- Hike around parts of St Jean Cap Ferrat for the gorgeous scenery. Visit the nearby Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, especially if you enjoy gardens.

- Explore Saint-Paul de Vence, crowded but not as bad as during the summer. If you do, don't miss the Fondation Maeght open museum down the road.

Many more possibilities, but these are sure to please.

Enjoy!

AzurAlive.com

London England
reviews: 78
2. Re: Nice in Winter

fabulous thanks

France
reviews: 21
3. Re: Nice in Winter

I would also recommend Nice as a base although if you're planning to hire a car, you need to think about parking since very few hotels have their own car park.

Antibes, France
4. Re: Nice in Winter

My inclination would be to stay outside Nice if you want to use a car even in winter ( traffic, congestion, trams., parking). Cannes or Antibes may be better - in Antibes / Juan les Pins ( twin towns) hotels that might fit the bill as a base are the Royal Hotel, Garden Beach and L'Ambassadeur.Take the half hourly train into Nice- you will be doing a lot of walking anyway.

Azuralive has some good recommendations. i would add Eze Village, Antibes and the Cap , Cannes, Villefranche and- ideal for a inland drive the more remote perched villages like Saorge and Sospel as well as the Gorges du Loup - all in the back country behind Nice. Grasse IMO is optional given your short stay unless you want to spend time at the free perfume factories.

Ed

5. Re: Nice in Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Antibes