We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I stay in the Old Town or near the Salis beach?

Which Antibes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
calgary
reviews: 2
Should I stay in the Old Town or near the Salis beach?

I am visiting Antibes for two weeks this July and I can't decide whether to stay on Rue Sade in the old town or in an apartment near the Salis beach. I will have two children with me, ages 11 and 5. I know we would like to spend some time on the beach but we also enjoy time in restaurants and would like to be conveniently situated to take day trips. Any thoughts?

Thank you ,

Danielle

Finland
reviews: 141
1. Re: Should I stay in the Old Town or near the Salis beach?

Antibes is really compact, have a look at Google Maps / Earth to realize this. However, walking with children from Salis to downtown might be a challenge. There are local buses, too, which will be useful both ways. http://www.envibus.fr/ligne_ville.asp?id=1

If you plan to spend a lot of time at the beach, living as close as possible may be more convenient. However, most of the services and e.g. railway and bus stations are more easily accessible from the Old Town.

There are of course a few supermarkets, bakeries etc. and in the Old Town there is also a very nice marketplace in the mornings.

I suggest you choose the apartment that best suits your most important purposes, the location in this case is not very important, as the distances are very short.

Antibes, France
2. Re: Should I stay in the Old Town or near the Salis beach?

As FinlandTime says Antibes is compact. However you may find some major differences from the family point of view especially if you want a quiet night's sleep. Rue Sade is a very narrow street and has lots of restaurants and is beside the Provencal Market ( not to mantion 2 butchers).. Things will not quieten down much before 2am and the bin collectors start around 4 am - every day !

Salis beach is a little further out but is a very quiet area at night - altho there a couple of nice restaruants here too - also there is a shuttle bus (13) which goes to the station via the centre of town.

Ed.

calgary
reviews: 2
3. Re: Should I stay in the Old Town or near the Salis beach?

Thank you very much for this information. It is very useful to me.

Danielle

4. Re: Should I stay in the Old Town or near the Salis beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, June 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Antibes