We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antibes v Juan les Pins

Which Antibes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 3
Antibes v Juan les Pins

have finally narrowed down our holiday to a choice between antibes and juan les pins, it would be for late july 2012 - i am concerned that juan les pins maybe a bit rowdy and more catered for young drinkers ? although antibes possibly too quiet with little going ononan evening ? is there a preference towards either resort for a family holiday ?

thanks in advance

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
1. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

We visited Juan les Pins last summer in June. June is usually very quiet, but it is already feels like summer. I dint notice any drunk young people. Only once we met two mid age guys who were a bit wasted. They were walking from Juan les Pins to Antibes. Some times in the evening you could see people are sitting and having drinks on the beach. But seems it doesn’t create any issues.

UK
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 83
2. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

I've stayed in Antibes twice and it's not too quiet in the evenings. Plenty of restos open and people out and about enjoying the air etc.

Antibes, France
3. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

Juan les Pins is a very nice resort - and it is a resort with little else than the beach and some quite elegant night clubs ( around 6). The younger set are evident in the evening and this tends to strech on all night so being beside one of those night clubs may not be a good idea for a family holiday. From time to time in summer there will be an Ibiza style beach party but during the day the beach is very family oriented and the beach restaurants are tasteful ( and expensive)but it is not a great place for dining out.

Antibes night life revolves more around restaurants - most are very good- and there are around 50 in the Old Town alone. Most close by 2 am.

Ed

Ireland
4. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

Juan les Pins is not rowdy. 'Rowdy' in terms of Irish and British binge drinking behaviour does not exist there. Most families are tucked up in their beds when the youngsters are out. The only problem is the beaches will be packed in July...with families mostly!!

Dalkey, Ireland
reviews: 24
5. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

Hello,

I have been to JLP and Antibes for the past 7 years running..

Both are quite different, but both very nice. JLP is a little more lively and commercial, while Antibes is lively and more charming. JLP is a little louder than Antibes in general.

Antibes has beautiful winding streets, restaurants and shops. JLP equally has lovely restaurants and shops.

Both are very close, so if you are in one you can easily walk or get the "Petit Train" from one to the other.

Have a great trip!

New York City
reviews: 14
6. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

I'm traveling in late May and am trying to decide if I would prefer to stay in JLP or Antibes. Is their a rowdy vibe in JLP in May? There seem to be more hotels available in JLP, particularly on the beach, but closer to the train station, which is important to me so that I can travel to Cannes.

Thanks!

Ireland
7. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

See my post #4 above. There is nothing rowdy about Juan Les Pins. During the high season it is packed with families.

Antibes, France
8. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

Confirming what NiceIrlande says JLP will not be rowdy in May. In fact it will be a haven of peace compared to Cannes during the Film Festival !

Ed

London
reviews: 23
9. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

I'd say it depends on the age of your children. If your kids will want to spend lots of time on the beach I'd recommend staying somewhere near the Salis beach, preferably between the beach and the town, in an area called Salis or Ponteil. If you stay there you will have a brilliant free beach for sand and swimming and will be within walking distance of Antibes town and harbour and a half hour walk to Juan or the La Garoupe free beach on the Cap D'Antibes. If your kids are older and more independent I'd go for Juan where its more fun to hang out.

10. Re: Antibes v Juan les Pins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Antibes