We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a property in French Riviera ???

Which French Riviera - Cote d'Azur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Buying a property in French Riviera ???

I wish to buy a 3 or 4 bedroom apartment in the French Riviera, and I am looking for a very lively town with shopping, restaurants & nightlife. Everybody is recommending Cannes, but I am still not sure, please help me to decide and if you recommend some new projects that are coming up to buy in.

Thank You!

KBJ

Brussels
reviews: 9
1. Re: Buying a property in French Riviera ???

< I wish to buy a 3 or 4 bedroom apartment in the French Riviera >

http://www.logic-immo.com/

< some new projects that are coming up to buy in >

logicimmoneuf.com/programmes-immobiliers-neu…

Louisville, KY
Destination Expert
for French Riviera - Cote d'Azur
reviews: 26
2. Re: Buying a property in French Riviera ???

"I am looking for a very lively town with shopping, restaurants & nightlife."

IMO, that fits Cannes and why it's probably being recommended, but if those were my "wants," I'd also look at Nice and Antibes. Shopping is probably going to be best in the larger cities of Cannes and Nice, but from anywhere along the coast, you can get to the other resorts very easily. Trains run along the coastline and they are frequent. Antibes' close neighbor, Juan les Pins, is probably where you will find nightlife center if you chose that resort and I would think of those locations together. See what others have to say.

BTW and another IMO, we would probably buy in Cannes because we enjoy the abundance of restaurants that have a view of the water and are easily accessible if you are in proximity of "La Banane," the part of Cannes that is near La Croisette. This part of Cannes is relatively flat and access to the transportation depots is generally an easy walk. The Palm Beach section of Cannes is where you will find a hub for "nightlife," but there are also clubs around La Croisette. However, that's what would work for us and others will feel just as strongly about their favorite resort. Balance the opinions, decide what works for you, and go with your instincts.

Antibes, France
3. Re: Buying a property in French Riviera ???

This is probably an inappropriate forum for your search as it is dedicated to tourists who may have very different requirements. The Anglo Info forum may help.

Ed

4. Re: Buying a property in French Riviera ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 21, 2014