We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

french riviera

Which French Riviera - Cote d'Azur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glen Allen, Virginia
french riviera

Hello, my husband and i are visiting the french riviera for 8 days and are wondering where we should stay. we have reserved the first 3 days at the fairmount in monaco and would like to know how to best utilize the other 5 days. we're in our 30's and want to have a good time!!! Not too big on museums. Any suggestions???

New York City, New...
reviews: 172
1. Re: french riviera

When are you going? What are you interested in? Beach, mountains? Small towns or city. Will you have a car?

Glen Allen, Virginia
2. Re: french riviera

We're going aug.10-18 th. like I said first 3 days are in monte Carlo at the fairmont. Any advise there would also be appreciated :) I prefer a beach but open to whatever and we enjoy good food. Also looking for some adult nightlife. Good atmosphere with nice music..We are mid 30's so prefer not to be around too much of a young crowd. We don't mind renting a car I'm sure it would be fun!!!

New York City, New...
reviews: 172
3. Re: french riviera

You won't need a car if you stay on the riviera - the train is great. You probably will need a car in west Provence.

Two obvious choices are Nice and Villefranche sur Mer. Close to Monaco and on the beach. Nice has more night life. I've not been to but heard great things about Antibes also by the sea.

If you want to explore Provence then look at the city of Aix en Provence and the seaside town of cassis near it

Louisville, KY
Destination Expert
for French Riviera - Cote d'Azur
reviews: 26
4. Re: french riviera

You may have a problem booking at this late date, and my advice would be to look towards Nice and Cannes where there are a good number of hotel choices. The often preferred places to stay in Villefranche are two hotels around the harbor (the Welcome and the Darse), but these are small hotels and usually need to be booked moths in advance. Also look at Antibes and neighboring Juan les Pins.

From reading what you want to do on your trip, I'm thinking you might like Cannes. The Palm Beach section of Cannes is where you will find your night life, but there are also clubs in "La Banane," the part of Cannes that is around La Croisette, the main coastal road. Restaurants are everywhere in Cannes - along La Croisette, facing the harbor, up the hill to Le Suquet (Cannes's old town), and on the beach level. I'm thinking these beach restaurants might appeal to you. As an example, look at this fun website for the Miramar Plage, a restaurant we've enjoyed:

http://www.miramar-plage.fr/

There are many wonderful restaurants you can enjoy in Cannes where you have a view of the coastline. Come back if this appeals to you, and I'll offer some other suggestions and how I get around when we are based in Cannes. That said, you won't be disappointed wherever you stay in the Cote d'Azur. This is a region that is a string of wonderful resorts, each with it's own personality, and they are closely connected through an efficient public transportation network. Ditto to Doby's comments about the car. You may find it more of a hassle, especially when you are traveling, and as she said, public transportation is soooo easy in the Cote d'Azur.

Have a great trip!

5. Re: french riviera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 21, 2014