We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Query on trains from Marseille

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 16
Query on trains from Marseille

Hi,

We need to catch a train from Marseille to Avignon this Saturday and i have a couple of queries

- Is it cheaper to book the tickets online in advance? (i am a little reluctant to do this as i am not sure what train we will be able to catch after our flight lands but if it is a lot cheaper i will just book the later train now to be safe)

- Once tickets are booked can we then on the day change to an earlier train (any charges for doing this?)

Thanks

Austin

UK
1. Re: Query on trains from Marseille

There are direct local (TER) trains from the Airport station (Vitrolles) to Avignon Centre. Tickets are always the same price (17.20€ at present), so there's no need to buy them in advance.

The Airport website explains - with a useful map showing where to buy tickets and get the bus:

marseille-airport.com/access-car-parks/acces…

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
2. Re: Query on trains from Marseille

Train tickets from Marseille Airport to Avignon Centre train station via the five minute shuttle bus to Vitrolles Aeroport train station have no advance reductions and the trains have no reserved seats marseille-airport.com/access-car-parks/acces…

There are other possible routes to Avignon TGV station from Marseille St Charles or Aix TGV stations which do have reserved seats and advance reductions, but these are more expensive and less direct.

Edit - Dix got there first!

Edited: 12:00 pm, April 07, 2014
reviews: 16
3. Re: Query on trains from Marseille

Thanks to both of you for the info

4. Re: Query on trains from Marseille

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 09, 2015