We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sac
reviews: 50
Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

How do I arrange a taxi to Marseille airport from Avignon boat dock? Are they there at boat or do I prebook? The train looks complicated for non Fr speaking tourist. I have a 10:15 flight back to states. How early to leave and how long is the taxi ride?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
1. Re: Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

A taxi will cost a fortune.

TGV trains are easy to deal with even if you only speak English.

The train is less than a half an hour....

Is your flight AM or PM?

If it's AM....you are cutting it REALLY close.

sac
2. Re: Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

I'ts 10:15 am. I figure I should be at Marseille airport by 7:15. I think the daily train is 6:16am

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 37
3. Re: Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

Have you asked your cruise folks about transportation from the dock? They ought to have that information readily available and could probably arrange a taxi for you. Does the boat dock that morning or the night before? If the night before, staying at a Marseille airport hotel might be safest rather than risk delays the following morning. I remember how long it took to get off the boat at Nuremberg!

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
4. Re: Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

Good advice from Catullus....there are a number of hotels right at the Marseille airport.

I don't know anything about cruising, but I don't if you can off the boat early enough to get to Marseille for your flight.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
5. Re: Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

It is 100 km (65 miles) from Avignon to Marseille. A taxi would want to be paid for a return trip, so maybe around €200.

There is a train leaving Avignon Centre station at 06.16 that is due to arrive at Vitrolles Aeroport at 07.18, costing €17.20.

sac
6. Re: Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

Good suggestion Thanks

7. Re: Taxi from Viking boat in Avignon to Marseille

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 06, 2015