We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
reviews: 1
Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

I've read descriptions of the two hotels and also read a number of reviews. If I'm not mistaken they're in the same general area of the city and in the same general price range. I've been having trouble clearly understanding the differences between the two, the pros and cons of each.

I'm mainly trying to figure out which would be the more restful accommodation. I get the sense that Europe has somewhat better service and perhaps more elegant rooms. But I can't quite get a handle on which is handsomer in general and especially which would be most comfortable and quiet, both for sleeping and for relaxing in the room.

Thanks to the wonderful responders on TA!

Cheval-Blanc, France
reviews: 2
1. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

I think the Mirande would suit you better, I would think it would be quieter, it's behind the Pope's Palace whereas the Europe is on Place Crillon which has several restaurants and bars. The Mirande is lovely, it was cardinals Palace so is stylish, beautiful restaurant and garden. The late Michael Winner said it was one of his favourite hotels. I've never stayed at either but eaten at both, the afternoon tea in the lounge of the Mirande is historic.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
2. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

nancyFlorida....you have been posting questions about this trip for over two nears now. You have received more responses about the area / hotels / tours than could easily be tallied.....dozens and dozens. You have received countless comments about these two hotels specifically (and several others) including comments that date back over two years.

What other information are you looking for that hasn't been provided to you already over and over by many, many volunteer contributors over the last two years?

Everybody here wants to help, but there are only so many answers that can be posted to the same question being asked again and again.

Edited: 6:39 pm, October 09, 2013
florida
3. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

OK: end of questions.

(Actually there were specific questions asked in each post, but I agree with the general point: enough is enough.)

Cheval-Blanc, France
4. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

You just keep asking Nancy, can't see a problem personally and can't think why d/t could be bothered to post his lengthy response...................nothing better to do perhaps.

W

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

Dear Nancy,

I don't know why you got such a cranky response. When I am planning a trip (as I am to now to Avignon) much of what I learn is by checking the forum. I can search if I need specific information, but I just enjoy reading the different answers and learning what people have to say-and asking questions I haven't thought to ask! ISo what if you asked the questions before? I enjoyed reading the first response you got--and learning about the Mirande tea which was new to me.

I've noticed that some TA contributors seem to feel that it is not a good use of their time to respond more than once to a poster, but that is their opinion and I hope you will ignore it. The post you got is rude in my opinion even if it doesn't violate forum guidelines. It says more about the poster than your question.

And of course, that is some of the fun of reading the forums too!

florida
6. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

Dear Wilko and Charles,

Thank you kindly for your posts. It's true that I've been asking numerous questions, but each time it's somewhat different, seeking deeper or for more specifics. I've been researching in guidebooks as well, but it's especially handy to get feedback on very specific kinds of details. I'm grateful that some TA's are patient with my frequent querying-- it helps a great deal in refining and making my decisions. Merci!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 37
7. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

If you, like me, are a fan of Mary Stewart's books you will want to stay at the Hôtel d'Europe, which figures in "Madame, Will You Walk?" In that case, you might want to at least visit the Oustau de Beaumanière at Les Baux de Provence.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 75
8. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

Ask as many questions as you want Nancy - its up to people if they respond or not.

Personally my vote goes to the Mirande as I really like their dining room!

Maine
9. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

Hi I have used and return to some less expensive hotels in Avignon, Hotel Mignon for one. I have enjoyed reading your questions and responses to them! And agree that answer was not a contribution. There are other websites out there #2! This comes up all to often!

Always go back to the TA philosophy :

TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers.

florida
10. Re: Hotel d'Europe or Hotel Miranda?

Thank you, lovely people. I am doing more and more research. I'm also beginning to think that we may spend the time in Paris rather than Provence. If we drove, it'd be Provence, hands down, but the more I think about having to arrange all sorts of tours and such, it seems that Paris might be easier. Ah, such "problems"!

Get answers to your questions about Avignon