We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Avignon

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 6
4 days in Avignon

Hi all,

My wife and I (29 years old) will stay at Avignon in the next 4 days and we are planning to use Avignon as base to visit a few places nearby. I still have some concerns about the plan, can some local help to give some advice here?

We'll rent a car from tomorrow 11:30 and return it 20:30 on 7th, so about 3 full days. Places I'm planning to visit are :Gordes,Abbey de Senanque;Valensole;Lac de ste-croix; Gorges Du Verdon, looks like all in the same direction, with Gorges Du Verdon really far, but from all the pictures i searched online, it looks amazing.

1 is there a particular spot we should go in Valensole, for the lavender pictures? I know its the best place for lavender but shall we just drive alone the main road?

2 Gorges Du Verdon seems pretty far for a day trip from Avignon... Is there any public transportation we can take to go there?

3 I'm sure we missed a lot in the region with such limited time, but is there anything we really shouldn't miss? I think i can try to squeeze it in the plan.

any suggestion's highly appreciated, thanks!

london
reviews: 13
1. Re: 4 days in Avignon

Hi, I have just come back from the Valensole Plateau today and there is a lot of lavender out!! The road to Saint Jurs from Puimoisson has a few fields and it's not a main road so slightly easier to stop. Then I took the D953 to join the D8, (i think) turning left back to valensole and there were many fields there too. I think I have read the D56 east from Valensole to Puimoisson is also good but I didn't have time to do that today.

Hong Kong
reviews: 6
2. Re: 4 days in Avignon

Hi newadventure. Thanks for the advise I'll try that out:)

3. Re: 4 days in Avignon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 07, 2014