We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South France in The end of Sept.

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 8
South France in The end of Sept.

Hi all,

My husband and me are planning to visit south France in the end of Sept.

We'll land in Marseilles and then to start travel in the area. I am aware that there are many options like Provence for example and would appreciate to hear you opinion and recommendations.

Avignon, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
reviews: 67
1. Re: South France in The end of Sept.

More info would help posters to help you; your interests, will you be hiring a car or relying on public transport etc.

A guide to the area from a local bookshop or Amazon would be a good place to start, so that you can see what sort of places appeal to you. You could then return and get more specific help on the forum. Good luck.

Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 2
2. Re: South France in The end of Sept.

I urge you to pick up a copy of the Michelin Green Guide for Provence. You will find it to be a wonderful source of information about the region, and a valuable tool for exploring the area, especially, when used in conjunction with the Michelin Maps in the regional series ( # 340 - Bouches-du-Rhone, Var and # 332 - Drome, Vaucluse ).

Late September is a wonderful time to explore Provence, the weather is still good, there are not as many tourists, and you still have all of the wonderful summer produce. since there will not have been a frost.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 16
3. Re: South France in The end of Sept.

There are replies on your other post.

4. Re: South France in The end of Sept.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 28, 2014