We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch on Saturday

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 6
lunch on Saturday

We are arriving TGV station around noon. Could pick up car on arrival, but with the return we have would probably cost us another day as we would be returning in midafternoon Wednesday.

We were thinking of taking shuttle into city for lunch and back to pick up car.

Any thoughts on where to have a good, casual lunch in the city? Or should we just decide to pay the extra day and, if so, where to eat within an hour or so of station? We will be spending the evening in Arles

Thanks in advance!

Provence
reviews: 7
1. Re: lunch on Saturday

The shuttle service to the centre is frequent but I'm not sure you can leave your luggage at the station, maybe a the rental then ??? but not sure for security reason.

My guess would be to spend the extra dollars and be free to go as you wish and dont need to waste time "busing around".

Park your car in Avignon Palais des Papes car park or the Parking Jean Jaures, central and easy to find and then wander a bit in beautiful avignon. Plenty of restaurant to choose from.

Hope this will help

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 64
2. Re: lunch on Saturday

I might be inclined to drive out of Avignon - have a look at the Mas du Capoun in Mollerges for lunch before driving onto Arles via the Alpilles, St Remy and/or le Baux.

Provence
3. Re: lunch on Saturday

Make sure you booked

Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 2
4. Re: lunch on Saturday

As I see it, your main problem is that you are arriving near noon.

While I don't know where you will pick-up your car, I can't imagine that you will actually "have" your car until at least 1:00 - 1:30 PM - and, thus, it will be virtually impossible to find a place to park and then get to a restaurant in time to be seated for a mid-day meal.

You may want to play-it-by-ear, and, try enjoying a restaurant-meal if your train/car transposition is fast. Otherwise, I would plan to enjoy dinner as my first major meal in Arles.

Provence
5. Re: lunch on Saturday

Oooopsss and I believe Capoun is closed for Lunch on Say.... I forgot that bit!!!

6. Re: lunch on Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 10, 2014