We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 8
Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

We will be renting a car at the Avignon TGV station and then touring Provence for a few days, based in San Remy de Provence. On our final day, before boarding the TGV for Paris, we will be dropping the car off back at the Avignon TGV station. Does anyone know if there are lockers at this station where we might leave our luggage while we tour Avignon for several hours? If there aren't any, does anyone have any other suggestions for what we could do with the luggage?Thanks!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 18
1. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

We were there last week, same problem, and asked that very question. Sorry, no lockers available. I kept my car a little longer, and drove it into Avignon. It is too far to walk into town anyway.

Hong Kong
2. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

I can hardly belive there is no lockers at Avignon TGV station, I am going in Jul and planning more or less the same. To drop off the rental car in Avignon TGV in the morning and tour around Avignon town before heading off to Paris by TGV at night. Can somone else pls confrim is there any locker to leave laggage at Avignon TGV station?

tks

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
3. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

Believe it. There are NO lockers at either the Avignon TGV staton or at the Avignon Ville (Avignon Centre) station. Unfortunately these days luggage lockers pose a significant security risk, and installing measures to deal with the risk is VERY expensive. Hence there are few stations with any kind of left luggage facilities.

Richmond, Virginia
4. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

wtilford, did you have enough time in Avignon to do it justice before turning in your rental car? We can keep our car until late in the day (as we are picking it up late) and will just hope for the best by leaving our luggage in the trunk. I'm sure we could spend a couple of days there, but alas, not this trip. What were the highlights that you hit and do you have any recommendations of "not to miss" sights? Thanks!

Bruges
5. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

Indeed. there are no lockers in the TGV railway station cause to safety risk. We had the same problem in june 2005, the car had to be returned at 1200 and the TGV was leaving at 1500. We took a cab to the avignon centre station, left there te luggage and had time to go walking in the city for 2 hours.

Pieter (Bruges)

Richmond, Virginia
6. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

Pieter, thanks for writing. Your response surprises me as in the previous posts it was indicated that there was no place to leave luggage at either Avignon station. Would you mind telling me a little more about where you actually stored your luggage? Was the storage facility within the station itself? Was it indeed a "locker" or was it checked in with an attendant at a "storage area" within the station? This may just solve the problem that we and a couple of other TA readers are experiencing.Thanks again for your help. P.S., was it easy to find and what did the sign say that directed you to the storage area?

Bruges
7. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

Gare SNCF Boulevard Saint Roch.

Next to the main entrance. It was a locker but the luggage was controlled very strong (scanned), by an attendant before.

Cost: +- 10 € a day.

I will be there at the end of june again, so if you need any advice about the provence just ask.

Pieter

Ohio, USA
8. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

Pieter -

That's good to hear. luvfrance will now be forever in youur debt!

Do you know when the lockers were installed in the Avignon Ville station? The SNCF site definitely shows no lockers or Consigne at either Avignon station, and I know there were none a few years ago. It's unlike the SNCF site to be wrong about this kind of info, but in this case clearly somebody slipped up.

My apologies to you, luvfrance, for causing you unnecessary concerb.

Hong Kong
9. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

This is good to hear too as I will be there in July.

I will return my car at 11am at Gare TGV station and walk around Avignon city for several hours before departing to Paris.

One question, is Gare SNCF Boulevard Saint Roch (where the locker located) same as Gare TGV station? If not, how far apart?

Ohio, USA
10. Re: Are there lockers for luggage at the Avignon TGV station?

>>> One question, is Gare SNCF Boulevard Saint Roch (where the locker located) same as Gare TGV station? If not, how far apart? <<<

No, they are not the same station. The TGV station is south-west of the city while the Avignon Ville station on Boulevard St. Roch is close to the center, right by the ramparts. They are about 3km apart.

You can see both stations on this map. (You may have to zoom in on it to find them.)

http://tinyurl.com/qtcrx