We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with car rental drop off

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kal503
reviews: 1
Help with car rental drop off

We are flying into Marseille, renting a car and want to drop it off in Avignon at a train station, with the intention of catching a train to Lyon. From what I am being offered, it looks like there are two train stations as options, gare Mediterranean tgv or the rail station in the center of town. Will both offer trains to lyon?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 2
1. Re: Help with car rental drop off

There are trains from either station to Lyon. However, there are few rental offices at Avignon Centre.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 41
2. Re: Help with car rental drop off

You want the TGV Station just west of Avignon. The TGV is about an hour trip to Lyon. Most rental car companies are represented at the TGV Station.

Edited: 8:02 pm, March 13, 2013
kal503
reviews: 1
3. Re: Help with car rental drop off

Thank you much! I was starting to confuse myself with "over researching" and this sums it up!

4. Re: Help with car rental drop off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 15, 2014