We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avignon or Aix-en-Provence?

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, England
reviews: 12
Avignon or Aix-en-Provence?

If you had only time to visit one of these, which would you choose. They are both equidistant from where we are staying and neither of us have ever visited either of them before.

Thank you

New York
reviews: 30
11. Re: Avignon or Aix-en-Provence?

I'd vote for Aix, beautiful town and lovely streets to stroll through. Although I wasn't wowed by the food in Aix if that is what you are interested in. But with all the lovely fountains and beautiful old buildings, I could wander around the whole day. I also liked Avignon but I felt it was very centered around the Pope's Palace (understandable).

Florida
reviews: 6
12. Re: Avignon or Aix-en-Provence?

I agree with Creynold. Unless you absolutely have to see the Pope's Palace, then Aix is definitely the better place, in my opinion. A beautiful main boulevard, lovely winding streets with old buildings and beautiful fountains.

florida
reviews: 1
13. Re: Avignon or Aix-en-Provence?

Ok, great. But it's easy to get from Aix to Avignon, isn't it?

And is it as easy to get to other places from Aix as from Avignon? I mean by bus or train.

I'm researching places to stay. We'd like something very comfortable and quiet, good bathrooms, good beds, good service. I hope we won't have to spend more than $400/night (with breakfast) to find great accommodations.

Thanks again.

14. Re: Avignon or Aix-en-Provence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 09, 2014