We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet hotel in Avignon?

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
reviews: 1
quiet hotel in Avignon?

Is a quiet hotel possible?

We're planning a trip to Provence, and since we don't drive, my research suggests that Avignon is probably the best bet for a week stay. (Would welcome other ideas if Avignon not the best place. I think we'd prefer a place like St Remy or other smaller towns, but we'd not be able to get around.) We would hope to use train or bus or hire a driver or mini-tour to explore the other places we'd like to visit.

We're elderly and not good sleepers, especially when we travel. So peace and quiet are paramount to us. We need king bed and much prefer separate shower to tub or combo. Can spend around 300 EU per night. Is that enough to have a bit of luxury? Main thing: quiet and restful.

Thank you.

Penmachno, United...
11. Re: quiet hotel in Avignon?

We stayed at the Ibis, which is away from the centre, out near the station. It is a budget hotel, but clean, with very pleasant staff, and is extremely convenient for the station. We were trying a holiday without car hire, and visited Nimes, Arles and Aix by train, very easily. You are also near buses, and a short walk from the river, Palais des Papes etc. We are, by the way, of a similar vintage to you!

The restaurant in the hotel was very acceptable too, for an odd night in. The best meal we had was at 'Le Petit Bedon' up near the main square. Some of the ones in the square were not up to much.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Penmachno, United...
12. Re: quiet hotel in Avignon?

We stayed at the Hotel Ibis, slightly out of town, just by the station. It is a budget hotel, clean, and with very pleasant staff. It is very convenient for the station, and we were able to visit Nimes, and Arles and Aix very easily, as the shuttle bus for the TGV station was just opposite. You are also near enough to walk to the river, the famous Pont, and the Palais des Papes. I should add that we are a similar vintage to you!

If you are very tired, the restaurant in the hotel was very acceptable, and the best meal we had was at 'Le Petit Bedon'( the little pot-belly) in town, near the square, down a street to the left. There was another very good one down the same street, but I can't remember the name- it had a big courtyard. I could go to it, but that's no help to you!

Hope you have a good trip!

13. Re: quiet hotel in Avignon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 20, 2014