We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nanoose Bay, Canada
reviews: 29
Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

I'm trying to rent a car with Alamo for pick up at the Avignon TGV station. Last year, they clearly show Avignon TGV now there's only Aivgnon Rrs. Are they the same? Thanks.

Los Angeles
21. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

gardengirlie, that's an excellent idea,thank you!

atlanta
reviews: 24
22. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

"You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid being transferred to RailEurope, which has higher prices and does not list all the trains. For notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm""

Hmm... once again the Rail Europe has higher prices post appears...

And generally it's true, but you should ALWAYS VERIFY!

I booked this exact same route (CDG to Avignon) last week. For the train I needed the SNCF and TGV sites wanted 190 Euros a ticket. Rail Europe wanted $120. Guess who I used LOL!

Now for other trains the results were different and I have had it work both ways, but... check check check. Don't that the chant on travel message boards of "Rail Europe has higher prices" be the deciding factor.

We are staying overnight in Avignon on both ends of our trip so I won't pick up the car until I am hopefully awake again! : )

Edited: 4:57 pm, March 03, 2013
Los Angeles
23. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

Just want to get back to everyone, I have rented an automatic compact VW Golf or similar from Hertz using my AAA discount. I can return the car to their drop -off point near Musée du Louvre. it is very close to where I will stay. So thanks to everyone's assistance, the only reason I went with Hertz vs. Auto Europe is the nice discount.

I am from Los Angeles and belong to AAA for long time. I was expecting the website to ask for my membership ID, but it did not.....

24. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Avignon