We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria Capital...
reviews: 47
Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

I'm trying to rent a car with Alamo for pick up at the Avignon TGV station. Last year, they clearly show Avignon TGV now there's only Aivgnon Rrs. Are they the same? Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

RRS presumably means RailRoad station, which is not a term used in France. I think there is only one rental at Avignon Ville train station and that is not Alamo, so this would have to refer to the big rental car area at Avignon TGV station.

Victoria Capital...
2. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

Thanks. That's helpful.

UK
3. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

It's Avis at Avignon Ville (Boulevard St Roch). What address do you have for the pick up - the TGV station is Chemin du Confluent, La Courtine.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
4. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

Isn't Alamo able to answer this question? I'd never use them for a rental in France, but if they are a viable operation there, they should be able to identify a specific pickup location. It's weird that they're using Rrs as a designation - suggests to me they don't know much about France.

Victoria Capital...
5. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

Thanks. That's helpful. No real address except postal code of 84000 which matches our last rental at the TGV station. Suppose Rrs is TGV. Alamo in NA won't know.

Los Angeles
reviews: 30
6. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

I just book a car with Alamos and this is on their confirmation -

Avignon RRS (SERVICED BY EUROPCAR) and the addres is at

Gare Tgv Route Du Confluent, Avignon, 84000, France.

Is this the station I will arrive from the airport (CDG)?

The TGV station at airport (CDG) will take me to Avignon without even leaving the airport?

Edited: 7:25 pm, February 13, 2013
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
7. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

The address is the Avignon TGV station.

You probably will arrive at this station but there are some TGVs which arrive at Avignon Centre near the center of town. Check your ticket.

If you have ticketed properly, you will depart from CDG on the TGV but it is very easy to make a reservation from a train that departs from Gare de Lyon in central Paris if you are not careful when making reservations.

Los Angeles
reviews: 30
8. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

Than you! Shall I purchase the ticket for TGV after I arrive at Airport (CDG)? The flight suppose to arrive at 11:35 am, but, not sure when we will be ready to board the train.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
9. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

You certainly can purchase a ticket upon arrival but there are two items of which you should be aware:

1. You will pay the highest possible price for your ticket

2. There is no guarantee that space will be available for the next train, particularly during summer months.

Victoria Capital...
10. Re: Avignon car rental - Rrs vs. TGV

I booked my ticket to Avignon using the iDTGV.com website. They are much cheaper.

Edited: 8:39 pm, February 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Avignon