We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avignon-Paris

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 1
Avignon-Paris

Hi, I need some advice on travelling times. We'll be arriving in Paris CDG after a long-haul flight at 6:40am on a Saturday. What are the best options to get to Avignon by mid-afternoon?

1) Are there TGV trains directly from CDG and where can I find the schedule? The ones in my search all seem to leave from Gare de Lyon. I've been stuck in traffic before from CDG to Gare du Nord and almost missed my train so would like to avoid the hassle.

2) For Avignon, is there a difference between Avignon TGV and Avignon Centre station? Which one should I choose if I'm staying in town?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Avignon-Paris

1. Yes, there are trains from CDG direct to Avignon. You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en and for notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm which also has a screen shot showing how to select CDG as your departure station.

2. Avignon Centre station is immediately south of the centre of old Avignon. The TGV station is some 2 km further south, out of the town. There is a shuttle bus linking the two stations. TGV trains use the TGV station.

Provence
reviews: 7
2. Re: Avignon-Paris

there are indeed several a day. For example on May 23rd 2013

Journey time is 3h14 train is direct

Hope this will help

Avignon, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
reviews: 75
3. Re: Avignon-Paris

Avignon Centre station is close to the city walls, but there are regular shuttle buses between the two stations. There's info about these at the top right of this page, under the title 'Top Questions'.

UK
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 82
4. Re: Avignon-Paris

Unless you are travelling very luxuriously on your flight, you'll be tired and you might find it worthwhile to get first class tickets if you can afford them. I have done this once (at the time it was the cheapest ticket I could get) and it was wonderful, so comfortable and so much space!

london
reviews: 1
5. Re: Avignon-Paris

Great, thanks all for the tips.

6. Re: Avignon-Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014