We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avignon to Agde by train....?

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
reviews: 33
Avignon to Agde by train....?

I've booked a holiday in Agde and want to go by train. I had a very pleasant journey on Eurostar to Avignon a year ago and wondered what the train connections between Avignon and Agde were like - has anyone had any experience? I'm torn between doing the journey that way or by going direct to Agde from Paris.

Thanks

Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 107
1. Re: Avignon to Agde by train....?

There is a direct train from Avignon to Agde almost hourly. The trip takes 1 hour 43 minutes on the TER train.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 33
2. Re: Avignon to Agde by train....?

Thank you - is that Avignon centre or TGV would you happen to know (sorry for being a bit cheeky!)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
3. Re: Avignon to Agde by train....?

See www.tgv-europe.com/en

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Train Travel, Olympics
reviews: 155
4. Re: Avignon to Agde by train....?

It will be from Avignon Centre, which I think is the one used by Eurostar.

UK
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 77
5. Re: Avignon to Agde by train....?

What time of year are you travelling? the only direct Eurostar from London to Avignon that I know of is on Saturdays in the UK school summer holidays from mid July to the end of August. Have no idea whether these stop at Avignon Centre or Avignon TGV but I would assume at the TGV station. If you take the train from the uk to Avignon at other times, you will be on the TGV and stopping at the TGV station just outside Avignon. From there you'll need to get the shuttle bus to Avignon Centre station to get the train to Agde.

This is a lot simpler than it sounds btw, the shuttle costs about 1.5 euro and runs every 20 minutes. It picks up right outside the TGV station and stops just across the road from Avignon centre station.

6. Re: Avignon to Agde by train....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Avignon