We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 2
Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

Hi all! Need a bit of help here. I'm travelling from Paris to Avignon on a night train, arriving Avignon TGV at 11:17pm. There are 7 of us travelling together, including 2 seniors and 1 child. I intend to rent a car the following morning to tour the nearby small towns.

Can anyone recommend a hotel nearest to the TGV as I'm not quite comfortable having to walk too far with 2 old folks and lots of luggages. Thanks in advance!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
1. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

There is one hotel close to the station but it's still a bit of a walk. The station is in an isolated area, you would be much better off taking either the shuttle or a taxi(s) into Avignon and staying in the heart of the city.

However, the nearest hotel is the Adagio at about 600 meters away:

accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

Singapore
2. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

Sorry, got one more question. We will self-drive in the Provence area between 9-12th June, any chance of us seeing the lavender fields? As we only have 4 days, any recommendations on the itinerary? Possible to include the Riviera in that 4 days? Hope to get some response soon ;)

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
3. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

If you want to go to the Cote d'Azur (Nice, Cannes, Antibes etc.) you will need to take a day out of your trip to do that. In my opinion.....it is a waste to go the the Cote d'Azur for a part of a day....It is a 3 hour drive each way.

If you want to see the Mediterranean...just drive down to Cassis.

Singapore
4. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

Hi Sarastro, thanks for d advice!

So I suppose the Adagio Access is the hotel closest to the station?

If we decide to take a taxi into town and stay there instead, there are a few concerns:

1. Is it easy to get a taxi with so many of us+luggages at such late timing? And is it going to be very expensive?

2. As I intend to rent a car to drive to the surrouding area the next day, is there a car rental in town? Or do I have to go back to the TGV station?

Singapore
5. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

Hi Datthecoast, thanks for your advice. We are planning to cover Provence & the Riviera by car before taking a train into Italy from Nice on the last day. Do you think it is doable? And how many days do you reckon I will need? Any suggestions on the itinerary? I would like to visit the small medieval towns in provence area & maybe visit a vineyard or 2. Intended to do Provence in 2 days, where is the best base for exploring the area? Thereafter will drive down to Nice as base to explore the Riviera.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
6. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

Hey Kelly...you can't really "do" Provence in 2 days...you can see a small slice of it. Just like you can't see all of Singapore in a couple of hours! :-) Same for the Cote d'Azur...in a couple of days, you will get a taste and that's about it. But, I am sure that you will have a good time!

Singapore
7. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

Haha I get your point! I would love to spend a whole week in Provence if time permits but like most tourists, we are trying to squeeze in as much as possible to whatever little time we have in Europe. :)

Provence
reviews: 7
8. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

Nearby the Avignon TGV station is also the Kyriad hotel. A bit of a walk though.

However it is very easy to find. Take the main road in front of the station, then the second left and walk to the end of the road. Maybe they have a shuttle service? I dont know

9. Re: Hotel near TGV Avignon (walking distance)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 25, 2014