We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time allowance between flight arrival and train departure.

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 2
Time allowance between flight arrival and train departure.

I am flying into Paris and arrive about 7:30am. That same day I will take the train to Avignon. How much time should I allow between my flight arrival and train departure? I am flying into CDG and I am not familiar with the length of time it takes to get through customs.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 9
1. Re: Time allowance between flight arrival and train departure.

You need to leave at least three hours between your landing time and train departure.

It will take you, on average, an hour to deplane, go through immigration, claim your bags, walk through customs, and out into the airport.

It can take you up to another hour to get to the TGV station at the airport, depending on what terminal your flight lands at.

Somewhere in that time period, you're going to need/want to visit the toilet, get something to drink, and pick up food/drink to eat on the plane...and you need to build in time in case your flight is late and/or something is moving slowly.

New Orleans...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Time allowance between flight arrival and train departure.

Thank you so much. Three hours is what I will plan on.

3. Re: Time allowance between flight arrival and train departure.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 20, 2014