We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip on Sunday to Gordes area?

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 13
Day trip on Sunday to Gordes area?

We will be in Avignon for a long weekend in October. I am looking for a reasonable drive to take on Sunday. Searching web it looks like Gordes is quite beautiful and has towns/abbey/lovely views. Has anyone done this itinerary from base in Avignon? I'd appreciate thoughts, suggestions, restaurants, and any comments. (I am open to other routes as well--don't really want to buy a guidebook to research for a one day drive)

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
11. Re: Day trip on Sunday to Gordes area?

Very wise advice!

! Dinner in Avignon Sunday night. Suggestions?

Bedoin, France
reviews: 10
12. Re: Day trip on Sunday to Gordes area?

If you are looking for a good restaurant in Avignon for Sunday evening, that might prove hard. Most are closed on Sundays, at least the ones I'd recommend are.

And you are right to be concerned about the drinking and driving issue. The limit in France is low and there are frequent checks along the roads.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 16
13. Re: Day trip on Sunday to Gordes area?

From Avignon you could head out to see Les-Baux-de-Provence and the Pont du Gard. Both are on my don't-miss list.

14. Re: Day trip on Sunday to Gordes area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 19, 2014