We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach CA
reviews: 8
tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

I thought I could only book 3 months in advance, but I was able to book my train tickets going: CDG 2 to Avignon. They were more expensive than I thought they were going to be. Anyways, a few days later, I tried to book my train coming back & all I see are 2 choices that are really high price. My confusion is, it says idTGV instead of TGV. What's the difference? Also, when I put in Gare de Lyon, it asked me for more info, Then I had to choose from 3 different Gare de Lyons. One has an A behind it, one had rer behind it. I did an experiment & put in march in instead of April, but same dy of the week: Wed & I had many more choices of trains at a cheaper price. So do they schedule more trains or show more when it is 3 months in advance or closer to the date? I didn't book this ticket yet. I am waiting until next week, as it'll show more trains I think. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Great Neck, New York
11. Re: tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

I have to go to Noves in July. I will be flying into Paris and I was told that I could take a train from the Paris Airport to Avignon. Is there more than one station in Avignon an would you know how I would get to Noves from there.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
12. Re: tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

You would take a train from CDG to Avignon TGV station.

There are rental cars at the TVG station for you to get to Noves.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 46
13. Re: tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

Fabulous Information. Thank you for sharing! Made a huge difference in cost.

14. Re: tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 19, 2014