We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cork ireland
reviews: 14
Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

Starting from Marseilles with a hired car ,any sage advice from people who have done this trip already e.g. Best routes to take/ avoid,the best places to see the lavender fields in flower,ideas for where to base ourselves,how many towns are possible in a day? Any advice welcome,thanks!

Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 2
1. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

In order for people to provide you with valid responses to your question regarding viewing the lavender fields in July, we really need to know when, in July, you will be in Provence.

Hope to hear from you soon.

cork ireland
2. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

I would be hoping for about the 24 th July onwards to make sure to be there before the harvest! any help appreciated!

Avignon, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
reviews: 61
3. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

Here's a link to a useful website giving routes, a map etc for seeing lavender:

grande-traversee-alpes.com/routes-de-la-lava…

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 64
4. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

Well you have also picked the buisiest time of the year to visit the region!

Most of northern europe will be heading to provence at the start of the school holidays and the French annual holiday.

Very difficult to advise you without more info eg size/age of party, interests etc

One thing I would advise is to start booking now!

Edited: 10:05 am, January 15, 2013
cork ireland
5. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

Just my husband and myself,59 and 63!I know it's the busy time but cannot go any other time,besides the lavender is only in bloom then I think! That is the main purpose of our trip.

cork ireland
6. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

Just my husband and myself,59 and 63!I know it's the busy time but cannot go any other time,besides the lavender is only in bloom then I think! That is the main purpose of our trip.Thanks also to garden girlie for the link!

Bedoin, France
reviews: 10
7. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

If that is the main purpose of your trip, and if you intend to visit the Sault region, be sure to note that the main Lavender Festival is held every year on the second weekend of August.

Nearly all the lavender will be harvested (cut) during the last week of July and the first week of August.

If this truly is the only reason for your trip, I'd contact the Sault tourist office and ask exactly when they expect the harvest to begin this year. They may not know exactly right now, but they should be able to give you some close specifics. It would be a shame if you went the last week of July and the harvest had already begun (or completed).

http://www.saultenprovence.com/gb/index.html

cork ireland
8. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

Thanks for your reply,we have brought the date forward now to July 16th,but I will check out the Sault link,thanks again!

9. Re: Lavender fields in Provence July 2012,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 23, 2014