We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercure Avignon Cite des Papes x Mercure Pont D´Avignon

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 884
Mercure Avignon Cite des Papes x Mercure Pont D´Avignon

They are very close one to another and the price is almost the same.

Which has a slightly better situation? Which of these 2 hotels should we choose?

Thanks!

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 69
1. Re: Mercure Avignon Cite des Papes x Mercure Pont D´Avignon

Personally I would choose the Pont d'Avignon.

Centrally located next to the Palais du Papes, town centre and a variety of restaurants to suit all budgets. Additionally if you have a car there is underground parking right under the hotel.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2. Re: Mercure Avignon Cite des Papes x Mercure Pont D´Avignon

Thank you so much Boucheboy!

We will do that... Specialy because it disposes the public parking right under the hotel (yes, we will have a car).

Bergen County, New...
reviews: 130
3. Re: Mercure Avignon Cite des Papes x Mercure Pont D´Avignon

I just want to point out that at the height of the tourist season, and/or during the Festival D'Avignon, it is considered American-style self-punishment to drive inside the city wall. That's why there are lots outside. If you are out of season, have at it-but fold in the mirrors first.

Avignon, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
reviews: 76
4. Re: Mercure Avignon Cite des Papes x Mercure Pont D´Avignon

I seem to have missed this one. If you have a car in Avignon, parking can be a problem. However, using the large car park beneath the Palais des Papes means you don't need to drive within the walls, as you enter it by the wall and then go straight into the car park. It's the only car park we ever use.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5. Re: Mercure Avignon Cite des Papes x Mercure Pont D´Avignon

Ok!

I got the point!

Actually this parking under the palace has its entrance from outside the city walls!

I hope it is easy to find somewhere close to the hotel's entrance to park.

6. Re: Mercure Avignon Cite des Papes x Mercure Pont D´Avignon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013