We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Flop House in Bedoin

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
The Flop House in Bedoin

Hi

Does anyone know anything about this property and area or in particular this property. I can't find any reviews so maybe it is new. it looks beautiful but have no idea about the area. Our other option is staying somewhere in the Luberon like St Martin

de Castillon. Is Bedoin very busy in the summer, much traffic? Is the property in a rural locaton or on a busy road? Any advice would be great!

Many thanks

13 replies to this topic
Bedoin, France
reviews: 10
1. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

I've seen the listing. It is not new. I don't know exactly where it is.

Bédoin is VERY busy in summer months.. Traffic can be horrendous. Bikers everywhere, creating lots of road rage.

I think the owner of the Flop house can answer your questions about an exact location and any road noise, etc.

If you get a more precise location, you are welcomed to PM me and I can give you my thoughts on it, FWIW.

London, United...
2. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

Hi

this is the full address

many thanks

Quartier Denayeu

Route de Malaucene

844 10 Bedoin

Bedoin, France
3. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

Well, that gives me an indication where they are. The route de Malaucene runs about 8 or so kilometers, so where on that route is very important (at least to me).

I am not familiar with the Quartier Denayeu, but no one is familiar with the original name of the Quartier where I live either...

I'll try to find out just how far up the route (out of the village) it is.

One thing I will tell you is that this particular route is VERY curvy and not wide at all. It is also perhaps one of THE most traveled roads in this area. Driving the route anytime between mid June to end of August can be hell.

Caravans and tourist buses often take this route and when two, of either, meet each other, they cannot continue. Traffic stops behind them in both directions until one or the other can back up and maneuver themselves to the side or (on what in many parts of this road is a cliff). This can cause an entire line of traffic - on either or both sides - to have to also back up to allow the huge vehicles to continue on. I avoid this route whenever possible between June and Sept.

If your rental is located within 2 kms of the village, you'll be just before the craziness begins. I would also note that if it is within 2 kms of Bédoin, you will be near a camp ground, a retirement home, a vacation village, etc. It isn't THE most scenic part of Bédoin OR this route.

Not sure if that helps ....

Bedoin, France
4. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

Okay, I now know exactly where the Flop House is located.

I have PM'd the OP with the information. Figure no one else would be interested.

Avignon, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
reviews: 75
5. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

That name is rather off-putting to me!

I've only ever been to Bédoin out of season, last visit was in late September. I'm really glad I've not been near it in high season - it sounds a totally different place! I've never seen much traffic, restaurants have been quiet - lovely.

Of course, the small town where we live is also very different in the summer months when tourist numbers soar (but luckily not as many bikes as Bédoin, but we don't have a famous mountain) - and we go to UK for the summer to avoid the crowds and the heat!

Bedoin, France
6. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

Yes, GG, Bédoin is TOTALLY different from mid June to the end of August. Sadly, I often curse my choice to live here during this time.

And yes, I have always thought that "Flop House" was an odd name to entice paying customers to...

Edited: 11:56 am, January 16, 2012
Bryn Mawr...
7. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

Can you please share the exact address/location. We are looking at this house for Summer 2013. I agree on the strange name.

Bedoin, France
8. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

Address is noted in post number 2.

No idea if the OP ended up renting the place. You could send a PM to him/her to ask.

You can also contact the tourist office in Bedoin. That is what I did.

http://www.bedoin.org/

Girona, Spain
9. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

Flop House Palace is from Steinbeck's novel, Cannery Row. A group of degenerates set up their first ever home in a disused Canning factory. Wonderful novel. Great name and so unlike the beautiful house in Bedoin

which is situated in a very quiet location with a fab view of Mont Ventoux and the surrounding plains. A ten minute walk down a quiet lane, through vineyards takes you to the village of Bedoin.

Weymouth, United...
reviews: 2
10. Re: The Flop House in Bedoin

Hello, did you ever find out the exact location of the Flop House in Bedoin last October? We're thinking of renting next May.

Reply to: The Flop House in Bedoin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted