We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day itinerary

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
3 day itinerary

I'm driving from Paris to provence on august 19th and will be heading to cinque terre on the 23rd.

19th- I was hoping to get in on the 19th (possibly making aix en provence my homebase) and enjoy a relaxing dinner at a cafe or even a sunset picnic.

20th- Going to the calanques and hiking/kayaking/swimming for the day.

21st- hiking Montagne Sainte Victoire -is this somewhere you would spend the whole day?

22nd- driving to the gorges verdon and kayaking before heading to cinque terre. does anyone have advice especially for this part? I want to get there as early as 7 am and hike before renting a kayak or boat. I'll have to park my car somewhere to

Is this too much or not enough? are there other attractions that my time would be better spent on? I would love to see the lavender fields but it seems that they may already be harvested by then.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
reviews: 33
1. Re: 3 day itinerary

It's not too much, and i think it's doable, but your last day might be a bit busy. You are planning on hiking, then kayaking and driving almost 5 hours after being in the hot sun after a few hours.

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 14
2. Re: 3 day itinerary

I'm not familiar with the first part of your trip but have just returned from a week in Cinque Terre. Depending on where you intend to park/visit, getting a kayak to the water may be a struggle as most only allow residents to park within town and all roads/paths are STEEP. I think Monterosso would have easiest access with access more challenging the further south you go from there. I'm sure that kayaking in the Med will be spectacular though.

Not sure from your description if you'll spend more than a day there; if so you''re bound to want to return. 2-3 nights would be best.

The lower trails, except for Monterosso to Vernazza are still closed due avalanches in 2011, upper trails are open. Check savevernazza.com/traveladvisortrailupdates/ for updates.

Enjoy!

3. Re: 3 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 01, 2014