We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender Fields In May By Car

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
reviews: 12
Lavender Fields In May By Car

I'm planning to visit provence lavender fields on 12th of May, I will try to visit it for "one day trip" by the car from my hotel in Annecy about 3-4 hours driving. I have some question:

1- Is the road safe to travel?

2- what about lavender fields in May, is my planning in the right season of lavender?

3- Is the entering to lavenders farms free ? if no how much it will be?

4- What is the activity in Provence & what is the best places to visit?

5- Could you inform me if there is nice village or town to take launch nearby?

thanks

UK
1. Re: Lavender Fields In May By Car

Taking number 2 first, the answer is 'No, it's not the right season'. The flowering season varies in different areas, and depends on the weather, but generally you're unlikely to see flowers before mid-June. http://grande-traversee-alpes.com/routes-de-la-lavande/informations-pratiques-lavande/périodes-de-floraison

The road from Annecy is straightforward, the lavender felds will be easily visible alongside the roads with the flower spikes starting to grow, and there are distilleries to visit, such as this one in Nyons:

distillerie-bleu-provence.com/en/accueil.html

but if you really want to see lavender fields, it's not quite the same!

Edited: 5:06 pm, April 15, 2013
Los Angeles...
reviews: 295
2. Re: Lavender Fields In May By Car

Mid-May is too-too early to see blooming lavender. While the blooming time varies from year to year, you are not likely to see fields of blooming lavender until mid-end of June. We were in Provence at the end of June 2011 and there were still plenty of silvery-gray fields, not quite blooming.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
3. Re: Lavender Fields In May By Car

Yep....you're way too early.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
reviews: 12
4. Re: Lavender Fields In May By Car

thank u

5. Re: Lavender Fields In May By Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, May 04, 2013
6. Re: Lavender Fields In May By Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence