We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aix en Provence TGV

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, ca
reviews: 1
Aix en Provence TGV

Hi,

Am planning on taking the TGV from Paris to Aix En Provence, and figured I could get a taxi form the TGV station to my hotel in town. Just wanted to find out what to expect in terms of taxi fares from the TGV into Aix. It looks to be about 13Km. Thank you!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
1. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

I believe there is a shuttle service from the TGV station into town. The fee is nominal.

How you are purchasing TGV tickets and when is probably more financially significant.

UK
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 83
2. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

If you have a look at this link it gives you inforation about the shuttle that runs between Marseille airport and Aix town, taking in the TGV station on the way …aeroport.fr/fra/acces/acces_bus.jsp#aix

The salient bit says:

Seven days a week, journey about 30 minutes

A bus every half hour from 5.30am to 11.30pm at 00 and 30 minutes past the hour

Single fare 7,80 Euros

I wouldn't get a taxi, they are astronomically expensive in France, and the bus drops you at the gare routiere which is very central.

UK
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 83
3. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

Sorry have just realised that those are the departure and journey times from Marseille Provence airport, they will be different from the TGV station, that being en route between the airport and Aix. Perhaps someone else can help with the departure times from the TGV station? In any case, will still be much cheaper than a taxi would be.

San Francisco, ca
4. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

Thanks. Yes, the bus sounds like a much cheaper option. Was just not excited about the idea of hauling myself and luggage potentially across town to the hotel, and thought a more direct route would be easier. I found somethign online that looks to be about 15 euros or so by taxi...can anyone confirm?

Aix-en-Provence...
reviews: 81
5. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

Hi,

The rate for a taxi from TGV to Aix is about 30€. If you have 2 or 3 suitcases they may charge 1 or 2 € per bag. Beware, we recently had some guests and when they asked the fare to Aix, the driver told them 50€ (we had already told them the correct fare and they found another driver).

San Francisco, ca
6. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

Thank you very much! I can see now the bus is better than the taxi, and quite a difference in price. Good advice too...will watch out for being overcharged. Merci!

Michigan
7. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

Yes bus is significantly cheaper, but then you're only at the gare routiere, and it's very impractical to find your hotel with your luggage.

As a budget conscious 21 yr old I would take the bus to Aix and get a cab from there to avoid paying 50 euro cab fare.

Orlando, FL
reviews: 27
8. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

Sorry, but just wanted to clarify as I'm interested in the same question...

As I am unfamiliar, is there a TGV station in Aix-en Provence? Or is the closest in Marseilles? I was under the impression that their was.

If so, is the bus go from the station to the "center" of town.

Just wanted to clarify.

Thanks!

charlotte
reviews: 12
9. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

There is a TGV station in Aix but it is a bit out of town. There also is a train station in town, but it is for local/regional trains (I took it to Marseille). We took the TGV from Aix to Monte Carlo, but we had a rental car to get there, but one of my husband's co-workers took a taxi on a previous day and it cost him 40 Euros to the hotel.

Pam

10. Re: Aix en Provence TGV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, September 26, 2009