We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

village of Roussillion in Provence

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, CA
reviews: 2
village of Roussillion in Provence

Hi,

I am looking for B&B or hotel recommendations for Roussillion the town famous for the ochre site. Or if you have places to avoid let me know too!

Merci

Blackburn England
reviews: 49
1. Re: village of Roussillion in Provence

There is not a lot of accomodation choice in Roussillon itself and if you are going in summer I wouldn't recommend staying in the town itself as it is very busy (overrun with tourist like us!).

The whole area is great to visit and it would probably be more pleasant to stay in a less congested village or rural location.

This site has some Roussillon choices and plenty of other options:

avignon-et-provence.com/…5-gb.htm

Try this one also:

www.sawdays.co.uk

Both reliable sites.

Roussillon is in a spectacular location and certainly not to be missed but don't expect to find solitude! Lovely place though.

Neal

Oakland, CA
2. Re: village of Roussillion in Provence

I am going to Roussillion on Nov. 2 and 3rd. Should be quiet enough I hope. Just in a quandry over which B&B to choose.

J

Blackburn England
reviews: 49
3. Re: village of Roussillion in Provence

It will be quiet then - quite a contrast in fact!!

This is another reliable site

http://www.frenchconnections.co.uk/

There is not a lot actually in the village itself though as most properties are little shops or artist studios so you may have to settle to being just outside.

Enjoy the planning!

Neal

los angeles
reviews: 13
4. Re: village of Roussillion in Provence

We just stayed in Remoulins about and hour from Roussillion . The gite we stayed in was outstanding. They also have a place in Roussillion www.bizedelatour.com.

Pierre took wonderful care of us! The breakfast was great homemade jams, scones, baked apples, coffe cake, waffles! We loved our place. He helped us every morning with our plans! We can't say enough about the place!

Hope you have a great trip.

Maine
5. Re: village of Roussillion in Provence

Hello, I have stayed in Roussillon. The book Rick Steves has on Provence recommended Madame Cherel. It was very inexpensive and very good-I even think we got a discount because we mentioned his book! I think you have to call the B&B -Mme Cherel speaks english. If you don't find his book, I can find the number for you. Je vous en pris!

6. Re: village of Roussillion in Provence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 11, 2009