We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise stop

Which Le Havre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salina, Kansas
Cruise stop

We have a stop here Thurs. Sept. 20 on a cruise ship. We are in port from 7 am to 9 pm. We are taking a ship excursion to Honfleur leaving at 9 am and lasts 4 hours. We plan to return to the ship for lunch. Would it be possible to take a taxi or bus after that (approximately at 2 pm). to Etretat to see the cliffs? I saw some posting earlier about this trip but wasn't sure if time would allow both. How far away is it? I saw something about a 2 Euro bus there.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-St-Michel, Caen
reviews: 12
1. Re: Cruise stop

A taxi yes but don't try a bus.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
2. Re: Cruise stop

Some reason you wouldn't want to check out Le Havre itself? Its historic district is a UNESCO heritage site.

Sun City West...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Cruise stop

Can anyone recommend a tour from Le Havre to Paris leaving from the cruise port. We only have one day May 8 and only 13 hours 7:00 AM to 20:00. We are a party of 4 and the Louvre is top priority.

Sun City West...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Cruise stop

Can anyone recommend a tour from Le Havre to Paris leaving from the cruise port. We only have one day May 8 and only 13 hours 7:00 AM to 20:00. We are a party of 4 and the Louvre is top priority.

Bellflower...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Cruise stop

I found the following tour in Google and nearly fainted at the price:

privateshoretrips.com/le_havre_paris_4.html

The following tour doesn't list a price:

rhodesprivatetours.com/paris_private_excursi…

Perhaps taking the train from the Le Havre train station to Saint-Lazare station in Paris would be answer. I would advise a taxi to the Le Havre train station and then, when you arrive in Paris, a taxi from Saint-Lazare to the Louvre.

This link provides useful instructions for ordering the train tickets (next link):

www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

Here is a link for ordering tickets (enter Antartic as the ticket collection country):

http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/

When you order the tickets, please be sure to allow time for arriving at the station and finding the track. Also, don't push the return trip.

Bonne chance!

MrsJAS

6. Re: Cruise stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, January 06, 2014