We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

normandy beaches

Which Le Havre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
westminster, ma
reviews: 3
normandy beaches

will be in le havre on sept. 30, 2012. on a cruise port of call. Are there any guided tours that would be an alternative to an expensive cruise ship excursion? Also would be interested in a tour to Mont Ste. Michel

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
reviews: 19
21. Re: normandy beaches

In May there are usually 3 or 4 public holidays and also two British public holidays so although it's early in the season it may be wise to book. From my own experience of running a B&B it's one of our busiest months.

Next year the 1st (French PH) falls on a Wednesday, the 6th is a Monday and British PH, so there may be Brits taking long weekends in France, the 8th (VE Day) and 9th (Ascension) fall on a Wednesday and Thursday, so a lot of French will then take the Friday and make a very long weekend of it.

Edited: 6:39 am, July 15, 2012
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
22. Re: normandy beaches

Are you on the Celebrity Constellation? We are on that ship and will be docked at Le Havre on Sept. 29th and 30th. My husband and I are looking for a tour of Normandy. As the other replies have indicated, you really need a group of 8 to make it economically feasible. Let us know if you are interested in connecting to try and make arrangements. We prefer to do the 29th if possible to avoid worrying about getting back to the ship on time on the 30th.

My e-mail address is: cathbaus@hotmail.com

Catherine

springfield...
reviews: 11
23. Re: normandy beaches

Just wonder the outcome of your tours....were you able to go to MSM and Normandy,,,,,

thanks,

cb

westminster, ma
reviews: 3
24. Re: normandy beaches

we haven't sailed yet. We sail on 9/19 and won't be in normandy until 9/27.

We hooked up with overlord tours and have a group of eight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bob

California
reviews: 14
25. Re: normandy beaches

Are you by any chance booked on Oceania Marina, Sept. 27th? If so, my friend and I would be interested in joining a group for a Normandy tour. The ship's tour is full and we are wait-listed. We'd like to be assured of going, so please respond and let me know.

Thanks,

Jari

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
26. Re: normandy beaches

2travelmavens, if you look at the dates the cruise was last year! I think you're a bit late.

California
reviews: 14
27. Re: normandy beaches

On the Oceania Marina we are in the port on Sept. 29th - no mistake. But thanks anyway

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
28. Re: normandy beaches

What I mean is, rwsly was on the cruise on 27 Sept 2012 - last year!!

29. Re: normandy beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, September 08, 2014