We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to Honfleur

Which Honfleur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kiev
trip to Honfleur

Hi All!

could i ask you your opinion, what way is better/shorter/cheaper for arriving to Honfleur, from Le Hahvre or from Deauville-Trouville? We'll go from Grenoble to this area. I saw here in forum an old discussion about cost of taxi from Le Havre-Honfleur. Do you have any idea about nowadays prices?

thank you in advance.

Best regards

Serge

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-St-Michel, Caen
reviews: 12
1. Re: trip to Honfleur

You can rent a car from le Havre from rentacar for around 50€.

le_havre@rentacar.fr

A taxi is 1.5 euros per Km for a single journey. Less for a return trip but then waiting time to add on.

Connecticut
reviews: 1
2. Re: trip to Honfleur

Can you tell me where I can get a taxi from the Le Harve cruise terminal? I want to take a taxi to Honfleur with a return. Also, I checked the bus schedule but, unfortunately, it is in French and I don't read or speak French. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
3. Re: trip to Honfleur

Taxis queue up at the ship.

Buses go from the bus station which is some way from the cruise terminal.

you can download the timetables in pdf from

www.busverts.fr/_hiver/horaires.asp…

Connecticut
4. Re: trip to Honfleur

Merci!

Connecticut
5. Re: trip to Honfleur

Hi (again),

Do you know the cost of a taxi trip from LeHarve to Honfleur (one way)? Also, can we get a taxi from Honfleur to LeHarve later in the day? Thanks much!

We wouldn't mind taking the bus, but we are "turnip truck girls" and do not speak French unfortunately.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
6. Re: trip to Honfleur

it's 24 Km so it's about 38 euros. I don't know if taxis pay the same bridge toll as everybody else and if they add that on to the fare which would be 7 euro. You can get a taxi back from Honfleur. Arrange that with the taxi that takes you. Bare in mind that a return trip is cheaper per Km than a one way trip, but if you ask a taxi to wait while you are at Honfleur the waiting time is counted at around 30 euro an hour.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
7. Re: trip to Honfleur

The ships usually lay on excursions to Honfleur lasting half a day (1 1/2 hours at Honfleur I think). It might be more advantageous to share two one way taxi rides and take your time than to pay two excursions.

8. Re: trip to Honfleur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 28, 2010