We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Honfleur overcrowded during the first two weeks of July?

Which Honfleur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
berkshire
reviews: 1
Is Honfleur overcrowded during the first two weeks of July?

We are hoping to visit Honfleur during the first two weeks in July and now realise the schools will be on holiday. Nothing against children but does it make Honfleur overcrowded? Would be grateful of any advise. Thanks.

Paris, France
reviews: 65
1. Re: Is Honfleur overcrowded during the first two weeks of July?

hello! yes it becomes very crowded for the months of july and august. ps there are many b&bs in town that cater only to adults. may be a good option for you!

Germany
reviews: 24
2. Re: Is Honfleur overcrowded during the first two weeks of July?

Yes. It's a tourist town in summer. Because of that, be extra cautious with the restaurants on the harbor when eating the shellfish. I had never had a reaction to shellfish before, but after eating a pot of mussels, it wasn't but 24 hours later that I turned into a bright red vomiting balloon. Even with drugs from the local doctor, I didn't return to normal for a full two weeks. The itchy feeling all over my body did not enhance the vacation experience.

I'd go with whatever restaurants are recommended on this site, and try to stay away from the tourist hangouts. Don't take chances with the shellfish in Honfleur. I was probably given a bad pot of mussels.

Sutton Coldfield
3. Re: Is Honfleur overcrowded during the first two weeks of July?

We went to Honfleur last August and although it was busy, we could always find somewhere to eat or drink - there is so much choice.

Thinking of going back this year and wonder if anyone has stayed on the campsite just outside town - Camping du Phare?

Honfleur
4. Re: Is Honfleur overcrowded during the first two weeks of July?

I agree it does get crowded in the summer months but if you need a self catering apartment in the centre of honfleur to just sit by the window and watch the world go by visit www.munroholidays.com. They have a great selection of holiday apartments and homes avaiable for rent.

also, i have stayed in the campsite just out side honfleur - it is reasonably priced but gets very busy in the summer also - book your spot early.

5. Re: Is Honfleur overcrowded during the first two weeks of July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 20, 2009