We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giverny in October

Which Giverny hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Giverny in October

I've always wanted to visit Giverny, but I am wondering if it makes sense to do it on this trip - between Oct. 8 and 14. Will it still be pretty and worth visiting, or is it best to wait for a Spring trip when the flowers would be blooming?

San Diego
reviews: 43
1. Re: Giverny in October

One of the best things about Giverny is that it will look different at different times of the year. Here is a website that discusses what will be in bloom each month:

http://giverny.org/gardens/fcm/calendar.htm

I finally went this past April, and like you, had wanted to visit for many years. It was a dream come true - the house, the gardens, his grave, the beautiful town. I think if you have "always wanted to visit" you will not be disappointed!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 70
2. Re: Giverny in October

We were in Giverny on September 24th and there were still many plants in bloom....especially the much photographed nasturtium covered paths.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
reviews: 23
3. Re: Giverny in October

There's much more to see at Giverny than the famous gardens. Monet's house is beautifu--especially the yellow dining room with Japanese wood-block prints on the wall, as well as the artist's studio.

Across the gardens if the American Museum, well worth a visit.

4. Re: Giverny in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 15, 2013