We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village Bois Jerome

Which Giverny hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
reviews: 54
Village Bois Jerome

I will be staying in a B&B in Bois Jerome for 5 nights visiting the garden and Chartes. Can anyone give me advice on other things to see and do in that area? I have been to Paris a few times and will spend the 10th there. I would be interested in a scenic drive, visits to small villages and historical sites. Wineries would be high on my

Is the Loire Valley too far away for a day trip?

Thank you

MD
reviews: 2
1. Re: Village Bois Jerome

I think we may have stayed in this same B&B. Bois Jerome is tiny and I don't recall anything commercial there, not even a boulangerie. Which is fine because it's quiet at night.

You're not far from La Roche-Guyon, a small and very scenic village, one of France's most beautiful. It fits between white cliffs and one of the bends of the Seine. There's a chateau. At the top of the cliffs, the view is terrific.

Vernon has a nice market on Wednesday mornings (and maybe Saturday too).

I don't know of any wineries in this immediate area. And, sadly, the Loire is too far for a day trip. But you don't need to go far from here for wonderful food, wine, and scenery.

I'll come back to this when I have more time, but I'll leave you with this one link (and it should give you plenty of ideas). You may have seen FMT's reports and posts on TA. He knows the countryside around Paris very well, and the link below is to one of my favorites of his trip reports, "You've seen Giverny. Now what?"

anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

Paris, France
2. Re: Village Bois Jerome

Another great site nearby is Les Andelys and Château Gaillard, one of Richard the Lionheart's strongholds. It offers very spectacular views over the Seine Valley and the lovely village of le Petit Andely below, which is worth a visit too:

http://lesandelys.com/chateau-gaillard/

Lancaster...
3. Re: Village Bois Jerome

Thank you; I will look forward to more information if you have time to respond again. The B&B is a farm house, perhaps it is the same. Do I need a car the entire 5 days that I am there or can I get around a bit by bicycle?

Thank you

Lancaster...
4. Re: Village Bois Jerome

Thank you, I will look forward to exploring. I have to catch up on the history of Richard the Lion Hearted. I recently read a book about his mother.

MD
reviews: 2
5. Re: Village Bois Jerome

You will most likely need a car. Bois Jerome is on a high plateau which is nearly all agricultural land with the occasional church. From Bois Jerome it's 30km to Les Andelys, mostly through farm country. The town is definitely worth visiting and scenic (once you get there).

It's not as far to Vernon and Giverny, and there are some scenic roads nearby (see viamichelin.com), but you'd have a long uphill climb to get back to where you're staying.

The farm sounds nice; it's not where we stayed.

I see by the map that Gasny is not far. We had a great lunch there. The Moulin de Fourges was recommended to us, and we drove by for photos but didn't eat there.

I found two links for things to do and walks in the vicinity of Vernon.

mappingeurope.com/france/giverny-vernon-map.…

http://www.vernon-visite.org/rf2/loisirs.htm

Lancaster...
6. Re: Village Bois Jerome

Thank you very much for all of the information you are sending. I do have another question; I am flying out of Paris on the 15th at 1230 do you recommend that I spend the 14th in Paris or can I get to the airport in time from Vernon. I suppose I would need to be at the airport at 930. Thank you

Paris, France
reviews: 4
7. Re: Village Bois Jerome

It's late and I'm heading off to bed but I'll come back tomorrow and see if I can assist you. Have you read my report that Cloverdale provided a link to and are you interested in driving or biking around this area? What skill level of biker are you? I can poke around and see if I can come up with some bike rental places for you and perhaps suggest a few routes if you'd like.

Lancaster...
8. Re: Village Bois Jerome

Yes I did read the links Thank you very much. I am an intermediate on a bike; intermediate leisure would be more precise. I will rent a car for a day or two but I would like to bike as well. Your information will make for a fabulous trip!

Paris, France
reviews: 4
9. Re: Village Bois Jerome

Do you need assistance with your rental bike search or how to find good bike routes, how to read the Michelin maps (which I use for biking) etc.? Just asking because I wasn't sure if you needed any more help or if you've got the situation under control.

Lancaster...
10. Re: Village Bois Jerome

I didn't know you could use the michelin map for bike routes. My big question I have now is should I stay in Bois Jerome or stay in Paris on 14 May for my flight home on 15 May. If you know a nice bike route I would love to know it; otherwise if I know where I should stay on the 14th I think I am ok

Thank you