We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Monet's Garden with a Disability

Which Giverny hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
reviews: 64
Visiting Monet's Garden with a Disability

My partner and I visited Monet's Garden last Sunday, 18 April 2010. I suffer from arthritis and have a mobility problem and find standing difficult. We arrived about 10am and already there was a very long queue to get in. Fortunately there are benches to sit on just across the road from the entrance. I sat down whilst my partner queued to get in.

Due to my disabilty we were charged for one entrance and he went free as a carer. There are steps both up and down at the entrance, so for anybody in a wheelchair would find it impossible. Having said that, there may be a separate entrance, but I didn't see one.

There are steps to get into the house and two narrow steep staircases to get to the first floor. Within the garden the pathways are suitable for wheelchair users. Due to the gardens being extensive I wasn't able to walk all around, but I enjoyed what I did see. My partner went and took photos of the places I couldn't walk to whilst I sat on a bench. The flowers and the colours were stunning.

After about half an hour the place had become very crowded, so would recommend arriving early. During the summer months I would imagine it to be extremely busy.

A thoroughly enjoyable visit and the surrounding area is also very pretty. I would recommend anyone to go, especially if they are interested in art and/or gardens.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
1. Re: Visiting Monet's Garden with a Disability

There is a side gate and flat entrance near to the entrance to the water garden. However that entrance goes to the watergarden via stairs and an underpass so may not be accessible to those in a wheelchair. Intending visitors should ask if they can get to the watergarden. The rest of the garden in front of the house is accessible

2. Re: Visiting Monet's Garden with a Disability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 24, 2010