We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is closer to the airport? The rail station or downtown

Which Deauville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 26
What is closer to the airport? The rail station or downtown

Hi, I need to rent a car in Deauville. We are flying into the city and I see that I can only select the car pick up at either the rail station or downtown. Is one more convenient than the other as it relates to proximity to the airport? Many thanks!

Paris, France
1. Re: What is closer to the airport? The rail station or downtown

Both the airport and the train station are located east of Deauville so the station is slightly closer and probably better for a taxi to take you to (9 km or 6 miles).

Edited: 9:54 am, January 22, 2011
Paris, France
reviews: 4
2. Re: What is closer to the airport? The rail station or downtown

If it makes any difference, the train station and the heart of downtown Deauville are only a 5 minute walk from each other.

Columbus, Ohio
3. Re: What is closer to the airport? The rail station or downtown

Many thanks for your quick response! Best to just take a taxi or is there some sort of train service available from the airport?

Paris, France
reviews: 4
4. Re: What is closer to the airport? The rail station or downtown

There is no train service from the airport. Don't know about bus service but I bet taxi would be easiest for such a short distance.

Columbus, Ohio
5. Re: What is closer to the airport? The rail station or downtown

Thank you all!

6. Re: What is closer to the airport? The rail station or downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 am, January 24, 2012