We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Train travel Question

Which Bayeux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto,canada
reviews: 84
Another Train travel Question

Hello, I'm going to book my train tickets from Paris to Bayeux (Wed June 26 - Sat June 29) was wondering if there are any DIRECT trains?? have been reading on the Paris Forum that in jUNE & jULY there is going to be alot of delays due to construction?? would like the earliest train out of Paris & back to Paris??

thanks much

coco45

Le Bugue, France
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
1. Re: Another Train travel Question

Did you check the SNCF websites?

I don't see any for the June 26 date that doesn't involve at least one change of train (most involve two). And the travel times are 3:30 - 5:30 hours. Not good.

toronto,canada
2. Re: Another Train travel Question

yes I know about 1 month ago there was a direct train to byeux that left @ 7:30am, not sure what to do now??dont feel like changing 1-2 times with 2 teens and baggage. any one have other suggestions to get to bayeux?perhaps private car service? I already have a D-Day tour booked for the 28th with a private co.

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
reviews: 19
3. Re: Another Train travel Question

Have you also looked at the prices? As well as the journey taking anything between 3.5 and 5.5 hours the cheapest cost I could see for two adults and two teenagers was 360 euros. Have you thought about hiring a car? The trip from Paris to Bayeux is not difficult and there would be no lugging baggage between stations. At the price of those trains you could hire a car for the whole 4 day trip for less.

toronto,canada
4. Re: Another Train travel Question

Thanks for the replys. I have thought about a car service, actually got a price from a company for €1,120 that wld include staying over 2nightz. Do you know of any companies that I can check with?

Thanks

Coco45

Paris, France
reviews: 4
5. Re: Another Train travel Question

The price you were quoted is outrageous. Use the website www.autoeurope.com, a broker that deals with all the large rental agencies.

toronto,canada
6. Re: Another Train travel Question

thank you again i will check into "auto-europe" & let you know what the outcome is

coco45

Palo Alto...
reviews: 6
7. Re: Another Train travel Question

Coco45,

I think that by hire a car, the responder mean rent a car. AutoEurope is a rental car service.

toronto,canada
8. Re: Another Train travel Question

thanks < yes i dont want to rent a car i wld like for someone to drive my family

Chatham, Illinois
reviews: 6
9. Re: Another Train travel Question

I have been searching trains from Paris to Bayeux and it appears to be about a 2 hour and 15 min trip with one train change at Caen. The fare appeared to be around 85$ per person round trip. The above forum is talking about 3.5 to 5 hours. Am I missing something? I don't want to do it if it is going to take a whole day to get there.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
10. Re: Another Train travel Question

There are some direct trains taking 2h10 but usually there is a change in Caen for a journey of about 2.5 hours. The cost is €38.20 per person one-way, so €76.40 ($98) return.

For a period during June and July, the line between Paris and Caen will be closed for maintenance, and it is the services during that period that are being referred to in the early posts in this thread.

You can get train times and costs in English at en.voyages-sncf.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid being transferred to RailEurope, which usually has higher prices and does not list all the trains.

Edited: 9:19 pm, May 16, 2013