We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving From CDG to Bayeux

Which Bayeux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Allentown, NJ
Driving From CDG to Bayeux

We are planning on renting a car to make the trip from the airport. My wife is French Canadian and speaks and reads French fluently. Do you think we can make it? Thanks.

Paris
reviews: 7
1. Re: Driving From CDG to Bayeux

Yes, be sure to familiarize yourself with the route before heading out. Unlike the US which tends to depend on road number / direction ( I-10 west for example), France posts signs with the name of the cities that the roads lead to. The interestate number is present as well but less prominent. mappy.fr or via-michelin are handy for printing out directions. Interstates (autoroutes) are toll here and can cost quite a bit.

Northern California
2. Re: Driving From CDG to Bayeux

That's a longer drive than I would like after a lengthy airline flight--I'd recommend driving from CDG to the Seine-side town of Les Andelys and spending the rest of the day and the night at the charming little hotel La Chaîne d'Or. Then you'll be fresh for the drive to the coast the following day.

Jefferson City...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Driving From CDG to Bayeux

How far IS that drive? I am thinking of doing something similar....

Northern California
4. Re: Driving From CDG to Bayeux

According to the very useful site mappy.com, the drive is somewhere between 255 and 280 kilometers, depending on which roads are used. It's definitely not a short trip.