We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is off season?

Which Bayeux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
what is off season?

Hi, newbie question. Looking at tariffs/rates for hotels in Bayeux and as you'd expect, the rates are dramatically different for high season and low season. Problem is, I can't find information on when one ends and the other begins!

Thanks

Swedesboro, New...
reviews: 4
1. Re: what is off season?

At the Lion d'Or Hotel, high season for 2008 is from March 21 through November 10. I think that is pretty standard for the region.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
2. Re: what is off season?

Thank you.

I'll be in Bayeux the very beginning of March and sure would like the low-season rates!

Rochester Hills...
reviews: 63
3. Re: what is off season?

We were in Normandy last Easter (first week in April) and got LOW season rates where we stayed. Other places wanted to charge high season rates over Easter weekend. That was one of things that helped us pare down our list of places to stay! I would say to check with the individual places you're looking at and see if they will consider it high or low. I would guess the first week in March you will be solidly in the low season.

reviews: 38
4. Re: what is off season?

I think basically July and August are classed as High Season in France with Christmas, New Year and Easter thrown in to for good measure - the first week in March is the last week's holiday for the Bordeaux region so as long as you avoid Bordeaux and ski resorts you should find the prices quite reasonable.

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
reviews: 19
5. Re: what is off season?

Yes, Normandiegirl is right - I think the Lion d'Or are just trying it on there. July and August is the high season period in France - we have a B&B and whenever we register with any tourist offices or websites and give our high season rate they ALWAYS only regard it as July and August, although I personally (and quite a few others too) include June and September, but certainly no earlier or later than that.

6. Re: what is off season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 12, 2009