We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

Which Lille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon, United...
reviews: 2
Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

Hi, I'm planning on going to Lille christmas market between end of november and middle of december on the eurostar with my friend. What is it like there, is it any good or are there any other suggestions (bearing in mind we are on a budget so some like berlin and cologne may not be viable) also is there an outdoor ice skate rink?? I'd love to do that while im there, like you see in the magazines! Any info and tips will be great (ALSO what insurance would be best to take out that will cover the eurostar as im quite sure it will freeze like previous years so want to be fully covered!)

London, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

Its an excellent christmas market but it depends on how long you are going for. Not enough to see for 2 days there. A company called Take us touring www.takeustouring.com is organising a 3 day trip which will pick you up from Swindon and it covers Lille and Bruges christmas market. You may want to email them to ask their prices.

Loire Valley
reviews: 7
2. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

I thought it was a bit ordinary*, but it might have improved in the past few years.

*masterly understatement

London, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

Arras is a smaller town but a much better market. Unfortunately it's harder to get to and not publicised like Lille. However, that is why it is worth seeing the 2 markets (Lille and Bruges).

4. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

It is amazing their, their is an ice rink their ,it will be very cold also they will be a lot of goodies to buy it is the best place to visit near christmas and their is a lot to do :)

Edited: 2:46 am, November 30, 2012
5. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

I understand what u are talking about and yes it has changed and when I say it has changed I mean it realy realy has changed it is magnificient.

Edited: 2:49 am, November 30, 2012
Swavesey, United...
reviews: 35
6. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

I don't remember seeing an ice rink in Lille last time I was there: praps it wasnt cold enough, heh heh

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 28
7. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

can anyone tell me if my daughter would be able to get nike blazer trainers on the markets please ... many thanks

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
reviews: 42
8. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

I've never seen anything like that on a Christmas market but that is not something I look for? But than I can't comment for Lille.

London, United...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

No, it's a Christmas market, not a flea market.

10. Re: Lille Christmas Market? Any Good??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 14, 2013