We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food, castles, canoeing in and around Toulouse!!

Which Toulouse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Food, castles, canoeing in and around Toulouse!!

Hi all,

I am in need of some hidden gems if you wouldn't mind sharing!

We are a young couple flying in to Toulouse on the 24th June (late night) and flying out on July 5th (my birthday is on the 4th!)

We are starting to look for some ideas of where to go food good local food, wine and maybe a little canoeing / cycling through cute villages. We were thinking of hiring a car for either the entire trip or maybe part of it.

Can anyone help with any of the above or an itinerary - places that have caught our eye so far: carcassonne and Montpellier (I went here when I was really young and have vague but great memories). We are more than happy to include other towns/ cities as well!

A massive bonus would be a gorge of some sort with water running through and possibility of climbing through it! (I am on a quest to find a good one but know it is asking a bit much!)

THANK YOU!!

Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 18
1. Re: Food, castles, canoeing in and around Toulouse!!

Hello!

About cycling: definitely you can go next to Canal du Midi, there is a nice cycling path.. and it's an Unesco Patrimony site!

Nice villages around: check out Cordes-sur-ciel (and Bruniquel nearby), Saint Cirq Lapopie, Rocamadour...and so many little medieval gems :) Some towns worth the visit: Albi, Montauban, Foix (and farther is Pau).

If you go to Montpellier, you can check out Sète as well.

I'm not sure about canoeing, but between Carcassone and Narbonne i know there is some nice places, so you won't have problem in finding it!

Hope that will help you a little!

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 87
2. Re: Food, castles, canoeing in and around Toulouse!!

Canoeing on the Garonne : www.cktoulousain.fr/site/index.php…

3. Re: Food, castles, canoeing in and around Toulouse!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, June 23, 2013