We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

Which Toulouse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

We have rented a houseboat on the canal du midi in July, and are struggling with the logistics of getting to/from Bram, where we'll be starting and finishing. Here are the transportation logistics we're struggling with:

1. We will be making our way to Bram from Paris, and we've been told that the best to do that is to take the train to Toulouse and a rather expensive (140 euros) taxi ride from there to Bram. Does anyone know of any other options?

2. After our houseboat trip, we will be heading to Sarlat, then ultimately returning home from Toulouse. Would it make sense to rent a car somewhere near Bram (not sure where the closest car rental station is - help?) and return the car at the airport in Toulouse? Or would it be cheaper to return to Toulouse and get a round trip car rental at the Toulouse airport?

3. What car rental websites have people used?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 90
1. Re: getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

1. Carcassonne is closer to Bram than Toulouse (20 km vs 70 km). The information you have been given is not accurate. Take a train from Paris to Carcassonne, either via Toulouse or via Montpellier and Narbonne (probably faster).

See www.tgv-europe.com for train timetable.

There are buses between Carcasonne and Bram. See http://audelignes.cg11.fr/index.php#detail

Enter Carcassonne as "montée" and Bram as "descente".

2. You could rent a car in Carcassonne and return it at Toulouse airport.

There is a small railway station in Bram. Check with www.tgv-europe.com if you can connect to Bram either from Carcassonne or Narbonne.

Edited: 3:12 pm, March 28, 2012
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
2. Re: getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

Bram is a 14 minute train ride from Carcassonne. Trains are highly irregular - here is the timetable for those local trains.

…ter-sncf.com/Images/…

Vancouver
3. Re: getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

Thanks for your help. So nice to discover we don't need to pay for a taxi from Toulouse to Bram. I just bought tickets on the sncf website from Paris to Bram (transferring in Narbonne). You've saved me one pricey taxi trip!

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 90
4. Re: getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

Good for you ! Have a nice holiday.

Johannesburg...
5. Re: getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

Hi,

I need transport from the Bram Train Station to Canal Du Midi.

Please advise on the best possible way to the closest location to the Canal Du Midi.

Thank You

Andre

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
6. Re: getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

The nearest bit of the canal is just 1.6km/ 1 mile from the village of Bram and railway station. But where on the canal are you actually aiming for?

There is very little in the way of local bus service in the Bram area with no buses at all at weekends.

I cannot find out if there is a local taxi at Bram.

Ventenac-en-Minervoi...
reviews: 1
7. Re: getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

I did a quick search online and there appear to be a couple of local taxis:

Gérard Marnezy, tel 04.68.76.50.03; Taxi Navarro, tel 04 83 97 02 27; and Raynaud Claude, tel 09.79.19.68.44. If dialling from outside France you need to dial ++33 and leave off the 0. As I say, that's the result of a Google search, so not guarantees on quality or service!!

best of luck

Kate

8. Re: getting to/from Bram - transportation logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 12, 2014