We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon to Toulouse by train

Which Toulouse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon to Toulouse by train

Hi everyone,

Please can anyone tell me how to buy tickets and where from? can i Buy them at the train station in Lisbon?

also does anyone know if they will need to know i wish to travel with a cat?

also the best route, less changes, and how much luggage can i take.

Im sadly leaving Lisbon and have to take my stuff with me...

any advice would be deeply appreciated...

thank you

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: Lisbon to Toulouse by train

This will be a fairly horrendous journey, not to be undertaken lightly! I have done this in the past.

There is only one train a day out of Lisbon heading in the right direction. This is the so-called 'Sud Express' which leaves Lisbon at 1630 every day arriving in Hendaye France at 0710 the next day. From Hendaye there is a direct train to Toulouse at 0707. Yes, the Toulouse train leaves 3 minutes before the train from Lisbon arrives!

After that, there are no more direct trains until 1459, so you would have to take a train to Bayonne and maybe wait there a while for a train to Toulouse or even travel via Bordeaux.

You can book a ticket (reservation is essential) for the Lisbon - Hendaye train at the Spanish Railways website www.renfe.com - the train carries various classes of sleeping accommodation as well as ordinary seats.

A one way ticket in a standard seat is 69 Euros, sleeping accommodation at the top end is €218.50 with various choices in between.

You can look up the options for travel between Hendaye and Toulouse at www.voyages-sncf.com and if you don't use TGV trains for any part of the journey reservation is not necessary.

Or you can by tickets at one of the various rail ticket agency sites such as raileurope or tgveurope but they may charge a higher price than booking direct with the railways concerned.

baggage - so far as I am aware there are no actual limits other than 'one suitcase per passenger' and you may be charged extra for 'excess baggage' whatever they decide that means. There probably won't be assistance at the stations, certainly not at Hendaye, so you would need to be able to manage it yourself.

I hope that helps as a start.

2. Re: Lisbon to Toulouse by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:37 am, May 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Toulouse