We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

Which Lourdes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

What is the open hours of the Monoprix in Lourdes on Sunday August 3, 2014?

What Lourdes grocery stores will open on Sunday?

Thanks.

9 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

Opening times for Monoprix are on their website www.monoprix.fr - Sundays 0830am - 1245pm

Most supermarkets in France (what you call groceries) do not open on Sundays. You are lucky!

I have had a quick look through Google but found nothing else I can be certain of except that the Carrefour Market store is not open on Sunday as is LIDL and the E Leclerc website helpfully informs me that information about their store in Lourdes is not available! Search in French eg supermarchés Lourdes.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

Thanks. How about restaurant? do they open on Sunday?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 167
3. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

August is still the pilgrimage season so you need not worry that restaurants are not open on sunday especially!

Edited: 8:17 am, July 23, 2014
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
reviews: 59
4. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

All restaurants, bar/cafes, bakeries and gift shops are open every day 'till late.

For further information that may help you during your stay in Lourdes, please click the FAQ link in the right hand column of this page below "Top Questions about Lourdes'

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

Thanks all.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 57
6. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

Are you staying in a hotel in Lourdes? If so, often times their full board with meals can be very convenient. There are lots of places where you can get a bite, as the town is busy during Pilgrimage season and the merchants want to recoup their investments during that period.

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 167
8. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

I would suggest at most half board instead of full, because you don't want to have to rush back to the hotel for lunch while participating in any activities or exploring around the sanctuary. Food are not necessary that expensive in Lourdes because there are many restaurants around especially if you walk across the river towards town. eg. Cafe Au Roi Albert. I know it may sounds crazy to eat pizza in France but we had a heavy breakfast so just wanted something light and cost only 8 euro. We also picked up some nice crepes from a street stall just outside the sanctuary for lunch on one of the days.

Toronto, Canada
9. Re: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?

Thanks for advice

Reply to: Lourdes grocery open on Sunday?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted