We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lyon airport to lourdes

Which Lourdes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha
Lyon airport to lourdes

Is there a train from Lyon apirport to Lourdes?

What are the details and the return route also.?

Is there any other mode of transport or buses operating from Lyon to Lourdes and return.

Many thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

I don't understand why you are flying into Lyon airport if you want to get to Lourdes. It is some 625 km from Lyon to Lourdes in a direct line, and much further by train.

Lyon St Exupery station is at the airport. Trains from there to Lourdes would travel via Paris and take at least 9 hours. You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at en.voyages-sncf.com/en and for notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

There are almost no long-distance bus services in France. The only alternative to the train would be a rental car, and that would take around 7 hours of driving (plus stops).

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
2. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

These are the closest airports to Lourdes

www.rome2rio.com/s/Nearby-Airports/Lourdes

certainly not Lyon which is across France

http://goo.gl/maps/pRf5R

Doha
3. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

thank you very much for the advice, noted,

Guess Paris would make more sense.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
4. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

Heavens, where are you coming from and what are your flight options?

Paris to Lourdes is even further (though at least probably direct by train)

http://goo.gl/maps/LZRdO

Best bet is Toulouse if you can, with good train connections to Lourdes.

Doha
5. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

coming from Doha.

Would Nice be easier then?

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
6. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

Toulouse is the closest international airport to Lourdes and is about 2 hours by train once you are in the city centre. Toulouse has frequent flights from Paris etc.

Paris to Lourdes by train takes about six hours once you have reached the city centre from the airport.

There are several daily flights from Paris (Orly) airport to Tarbes Lourdes airport with HOP airline.

Edited: 10:23 am, June 19, 2013
UK
7. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

<< Is there any other mode of transport or buses operating from Lyon to Lourdes and return. >>

In fact, there is a bus, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, costs 32€ booked well in advance, departs Lyon (not airport) at 17.00 and arrives Tarbes 02.00. Tarbes is under 25km from Lourdes and there are buses and trains (not at 2am though) and presumably taxis. Return travel is on different days.

I would imagine there may be a change of coach somewhere, but I can't find a full timetable anywhere online.

http://www.eurolines.fr/en/

This isn't a recommendation, but it's an option.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
8. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

An option that involves arriving in a small French town at 2am and having to look for a taxi to travel the remaining 20km of my journey or wait four or five hours for a train or bus would definitely not be top of my list.

I'd overlooked that Eurolines are now permitted to carry passengers on domestic journeys in some areas of France, so it's worth knowing.

I have an old copy of a Eurolines timetable for that route and it was a through service then, but they must stop somewhere to change drivers. It goes via Montpellier, Narbonne and Toulouse. After Tarbes it wanders around Spain, stopping (among other places) in San Sebastian, Bilbao, Madrid, Granada and Malaga before eventually ending up in Torremolinos, Marbella and Algeciras.

9. Re: Lyon airport to lourdes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 21, 2014