We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris airport by 11 am

Which Lourdes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 1
paris airport by 11 am

I was hoping to take an overnight train from Lourdes to the airport for our departure, but according to the schedules we would arrive at 3 am....then what, my mother is 78 years old. Would there be a town fairly near the airport that we could get an early morning departure from if I drove there the night before? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
1. Re: paris airport by 11 am

I would just take an earlier train and spend the night at an airport hotel. The drive will take 8.5 hours with no stops. Plus $220 for gas and tolls.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
2. Re: paris airport by 11 am

Which schedules were you looking at?

The overnight train (train number 4052) from Lourdes leaves at 2216 arriving in Paris Austerlitz station at 0719. You would be at the airport via the RER suburban train around an hour later.

However this train does not run every night.

If it doesn't run on the day you need it, take an earlier train as suggested and either stay in Paris or at an hotel near the airport.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
reviews: 42
3. Re: paris airport by 11 am

Depending on when you wish to travel, there are flights from Lourdes to Paris with Air France in July for €83 and August for €49 one way (check-in bags extra). There is a flight departs Lourdes at 06.50, arriving Paris Orly 08.15. However you will then have to transfer by shuttle bus to Charles de Gaul airport.

Similar fares are available from Pau direct to Charles de Gaul (depending on date of travel). Pau airport is approximately 45 minutes by taxi from Lourdes and the fare is €90. Flight departs 06.30 arrives 08.00.

Ontario
4. Re: paris airport by 11 am

Would you mind posting the site you went to for train schedules.

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
5. Re: paris airport by 11 am

www.voyages-sncf.com

You can buy tickets there also. Reservation is compulsory. Use the French version of the site to avoid redirection to RailEurope or if that doesn't work go to

http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/

Edited: 12:08 pm, June 06, 2013
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
reviews: 42
6. Re: paris airport by 11 am

For information that may help you during your stay in Lourdes, please check the FAQ on the right hand column of this page below "Top Questions about Lourdes'

Ontario
7. Re: paris airport by 11 am

I've decided to pay a penalty fee to the airlines and extend our trip by a few days. I'm booking a train directly to CDG airport through RailEurope and we'll spend the night at a hotel at the airport prior to our morning departure. I noticed you said to post at the French site to avoid being transferred to Rail Europe. Why would that be a problem? One other question, the train does go directly to the airport, correct?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 47
8. Re: paris airport by 11 am

rail europe is a middleman the sole purpose of which is to add profit into the ticket sale -- so you generally pay more and they also tend to show fewer trains.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 50
9. Re: paris airport by 11 am

The train from Lourdes goes to Gare Montparnasse. You have to take another train to CDG. You could spend the night in Paris and take the train (RER) or cab to the airport the next day.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
10. Re: paris airport by 11 am

<<I'm booking a train directly to CDG airport through RailEurope>>

BAD idea. You should book on www.voyages-sncf.com in order to get the "real" prices, not the jacked-up ones and be able to see ALL the trains.

And if you're asking if the trains from Lourdes go directly to the airport, no, they go into Paris, and from there you have to make your way to the airport.